Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10) >

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Community

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Old 10-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

If you guys want to see my "ARCHERY TOURNAMENT" video click on this link: http://www.youngsportsman.com/

If you want to watchthis videoin a higher quality, double click on the video. (Thiswill take you to youtube) then underneath the video click on the "Watch in Higher Quality" button...

Hope you enjoy!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:10 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry for not updating sooner, my internet has been down for the past couple weeks. This WildBlue satellite internet is horrible!

Anyways, Saturday was the opener here in PA and when I checked the weather Thursday evening they were calling for 2mph winds from the south west (perfect for my stand), sunny with a few clouds, and a temp of 40 degrees in the morning. Fastforward to Saturday at 4:45 a.m. and I wake up to the sound of rain. Got all packed up and my fiance and I head out. I walked her to my groundblind and got her set-up and then headed to my stand. Got set-up around 5:45 a.m. in the rain and waited for light. We stuck it out until around 9:45 a.m. without seeing anything and I got down and we decided to head home and get some food. Saturday afternoon we got set-up at 4:00 p.m. The rain had stopped and the weather was great, but the deer movement was still slow. Tiffany was set-up over a very active scrape and didn't see any deer, and I was in a patch of open oaks and saw 4 doe that passed by at 7:15 p.m.

Yesterday afternoon and I was out hunting by myself. I got up into my hang on at the scrape stand that Tiffany was in Saturday evening. I was in stand and set-up by 4:00 p.m. and at 4:45 p.m. I saw the first deer of the evening, and the action never stopped. I ended up seeing 13 doe, and had 2 different bucks work over the scrape 17 yards in front of me. The first buck to come in was a nice young 8 point, roughly 15" wide. I watched him mill around me for about half an hour before walking away. If only he would have been bigger, he would have had the air let out of him. About 15 minutes after the 8 point left I saw a deer bust out of a golden rod field into the woods and down a old grown up logging road. The deer circled down below me and worked its way straight to the scrape. It was the little 5 point and he worked the scrape over, walked away, came back and worked the scrape over again. This spot was slow last year, but in 2006 this scrape was hit hard every day. I havn't seen any big bucks on this property this year, but I am still going to be picky as their is alot of time left and the rut does some crazy things.

I have today off so this morning I planned on getting up early and heading to that same stand for a morning sit. I set my alarm for 4:30 a.m. and I popped up and decided that I could get another 20 minutes of sleep. I set my alarm for 4:50 a.m. and fell back to sleep. I wake up and see that the alarm was at 4:50 a.m. I turn on my t.v. to see what the weather was and it said that it was 6:20 a.m. I forgot to switch my alarm from "set" to "run" this morning. I got my clothes on and headed out as quick as I could. I knew that there was no way I could get into that section of woods to hunt the scrape stand so I set-up where I was Saturday morning. This area is very open and borders a golden rod field and deer movement is pretty much limited to the first 30 minutes of shooting light. Got set-up and within 10 minutes I had 3 doe pass by me. Sat for another hour and a half without seeing a thing so I headed back home. I will be hitting the scrape stand up later this evening.... wish me luck!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

I've been out twice since our opener, which was the 1st. The first hunt of the year I was able to take my 5 yr old, who absolutely loves to hunt with me and has been practicing with his .410, which he's become very competent with.I really think that if I can get him within 25 yards he will kill his first deer this year. We hunted out of a ground blind, even though I'm not a big fan of them, and seen 2 does and 1 nice buck (100 yards). I didn't get a real good look at him, but he looked good from what I seen.

The second hunt brought only 4 does at about 75 yards, lucky for them because I'm totally out of meat. I'll be out again in the morning and if the wind is right I'll be in a stand I can't wait to hunt. Let ya know how it goes.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:27 PM

Hey guys, been seeing some more deer here. no shots yet. We got a trail cam pic of a 12 point that would score about 140".
Im headed to the northern part of WI friday to bowhunt until sunday. It should be awesome. The colors of the leaves will be cool enough for me.
! month and I'll be back from kansas, hopefully with some good news.

Best of luck to you guys!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

The wind was perfect, it was a beautiful day and I finally got to hunt the stand I've been waiting to hunt for a week....and I seen 1 doe. Oh well, I'll be back at it in the morning.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Hunted the "hot spot" again this morning....not so hot. Must be more of an evening stand!!?? Oh well I'll be back at it next week. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, We're on the boards! I shot a decent PA 6 point yesterday. I thought he was an 8 but i'm still happy with him. He was a borderline shooter but with hunting mostly gamelands you never know if you'll get another chance. So i double lunged him at 33 and he ran a grand total of 15 yards. I'll score him and get pictures up later.

Zach
Old 10-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Zach!
Old 10-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

Shothim saturday morning at 7:55. I watched him close the gap from around 100 yards, it was like i was reeling him in. I'm shooting pretty heavy, high FOC arrows(XX75 2216)with Magnus stingers. Initially i thought i missed him because i never saw the arrow hit, it zipped through him rather quickly. Now i can concentrate on filling doe tags and hunting Ohio. He ended up being 125lb dressed.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:40 PM

hey congrats to you fatsbucknut!!! way to go!

Not much goin on here lately. hoping it cools down more so the action would pick up.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.