Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10) >

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Community

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Old 09-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Checked the cameras over the weekend and I've got two of my shooters out of velvet. The first one I'm starting to connect the dots. Velvet summer footage and multiple trail camera pictures. Just need to pinpoint his bedding area and have some luck.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: titleist_03

Checked the cameras over the weekend and I've got two of my shooters out of velvet. The first one I'm starting to connect the dots. Velvet summer footage and multiple trail camera pictures. Just need to pinpoint his bedding area and have some luck.

Looking good!! Now find out where they hang in daylight and we are money!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:15 AM

Those are some great bucks and I can't wait tosee their pics with your bow laying across them!

Well guys, yesterday I made a trip to my hunting area to make sure the stands I have hung were still up at the winds we got Sunday night. I snuck in at noon and luckily they were fine, but there were some big trees done all around them. My ladder stand set-up is looking amazing. It is set up in between a bedding area and a swamp in a patch of crab apple trees. There is a large crab apple tree 18 yards in front of the stand that had some scrapes under it back in the 06 season but slacked off last year....now there are 6 or 7 scrapes circling the tree that are all around 4-5 feet in diameter and it was easy to see that they have been hammered by bucks. The scrapes are actually about 4 inches deep from being scraped so much.

All my stands are fine now, everything is set-up, and I am officially done scouting, next time I see these woods will be the morning of October 4th!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Finally got some time to do some scouting and hang some stands over the weekend. Talk about disappointing, I found 3 rubs (small) and no scrapesin 40 acres of woods that typically has some pretty decent hunting. I have 4 stands hung (in 2 different woodlots)and I'm not too excited about any of them. Hopefully everyone else is seeing more sign than me.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BGHUNTER00

Finally got some time to do some scouting and hang some stands over the weekend. Talk about disappointing, I found 3 rubs (small) and no scrapesin 40 acres of woods that typically has some pretty decent hunting. I have 4 stands hung (in 2 different woodlots)and I'm not too excited about any of them. Hopefully everyone else is seeing more sign than me.
The deer are there,you just have to find them... Stay at it and you'll find them...
Old 09-16-2008, 05:32 PM

Amen, keep at, just remember that the rut does some crazy things come late October and that area could produce some bruisers!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stay positive and believe I just tore a ligament or something in my elbow, but I guarantee I will still be in the tree and doing my best to put one down for the Bone Collectors!
Old 09-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: racewayking

Stay positive and believe I just tore a ligament or something in my elbow, but I guarantee I will still be in the tree and doing my best to put one down for the Bone Collectors!
Now thats a team player.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I noticed in your signature that your bowis set at 82 lbs. You might want to back it down a little if you hurt your elbow... IMO
Old 09-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

I noticed in your signature that your bowis set at 82 lbs. You might want to back it down a little if you hurt your elbow... IMO
I am lucky and pulling motion doesn't bother it much. I hurt it while working Triceps at the gym so pushing motions with any twisting movement kill. If I had shot left handed I'd be screwed. This is the same elbow I fractured two years ago in September and I still hunted 3-5 days per week through October and November taking a couple of nice 8 pointers.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.