Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10) >

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Community

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Old 08-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Thought I would get us more acquainted. What equipment do you guys hunt with, where do you hunt, do you have any hunting trips planned this year, and what is the largest buck you have ever harvested?

Bowtech Patriot, WB, Montecs, Carbon Express Terminators
Hunt in Central IN
Going on a Coues deer hunt this coming Jan in AZ
180" whitetail

I went on a DIY black bear hunt this May to AK and it was amazing. We did use rifles, but the next time I'll take a bow. If someone sends me an email address to post a pic of the bear I'll send it to you so you can all ckeck it out.

Troy
Old 08-29-2008, 02:38 PM

Metal riser recurve 48 pounds at 28". Vapor carbons, Magnus broadheads, and once in a while, Mathews Ovation 65 pounds with Beman ICS and Rocket Hammerheads.
I hunt central and SW Wisconsin, and we are going on a trip to bowhunt whitetails in northeast Kansas in November.
Biggest buck I've killed is a 110" 9 point.

Im really hoping to kill any deer with my recurve this year, so that will be my primary weapon.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be using my new 80# hoyt katera with a 403gr. Easton Axis Nano and NAP Crossfire broadheads.

I'll mainly hunt Kane County Illinois and Brown County in the Golden Triangle a bit. I might get up with my hunting buddy Mechdoc to lower Wisconsin and might get out with Peakrut for a few hunts.

My biggest ever was around 160", not sure because I never measured it. That mount and another 150 class disappeared with my two dogs the day I went to divorce court, my ex in laws looted my crib and the cops did nothing!!![:@] I have also shot several 120-140 class bucks.

I did have a crack at a 196" buck in 2000 and have been trying to get on one of the farms around here where it was taken since we lost permission on the land we used to hunt. My current spot has a lot of 110-140" deer with a few in the 150-160 range.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

My name is Mike and I'll be doing most of my hunting in Central TN. (Although, I might be able to hunt in Illinois this October...)

I'll be using a Parker Ultra Lite31 set @60# with CX Terminator Lite 6075 arrows tipped with 100 grain smoke broadheads. I'll behunting predominately from a tree stand but may use a groundblind in some areas.

I'll hopefully have some footage to share with you guys. (This will be my first year filming hunt.)
Old 08-30-2008, 12:57 PM

Well, I guess I should jump in....

My name is Jason and I will be hunting in south western Pennsylvania. I will be shooting a BowTech 82nd Airborne (29"@71#) shooting 28" Eastin Lightspeeds tipped with Rocky Mt Snypers. Sword Apex Micro 3rd plane sight, G5 Meta Peep, VaporTrail LimbDriver rest, Treelimb Quiver, 7" Hi-Tex Carbon Rod Stabilizer. Most of my hunting will be done from my Summit Bushmaster climber, but I have several hang ons set up as well as I groundblind that I plan on using. Biggest buck I have killed would have been a mid 140" class non-typical 12 point if he wouldn't have snapped hi G-3 and a good 10" of main beam off his right side. Things havn't looked to great this season as far as antler size, but I have seen alot of bucks and I am seeing bigger bucks lately. I would say that I have a pretty good chance at a 110" buck this year, and I am sure there are bigger, I just havn't seen them.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

My name is Mike and I'll be doing most of my hunting in Central TN. (Although, I might be able to hunt in Illinois this October...)

I'll be using a Parker Ultra Lite31 set @60# with CX Terminator Lite 6075 arrows tipped with 100 grain smoke broadheads. I'll behunting predominately from a tree stand but may use a groundblind in some areas.

I'll hopefully have some footage to share with you guys. (This will be my first year filming hunt.)
Where in Illinois might you be hunting???
Old 08-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: racewayking

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

Where in Illinois might you be hunting???
Carmi, Illinois.

I'm trying to enter the Campbell Outdoor challenge...

http://www.illinoisdeerhunting.com/
Old 08-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with the challenge, let me know if you make it down there. I have one of my fathers friends hunting for a month a couple of counties away. I might be down that way so if you make it and get a buck I'd love to stop and check it out.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's awesome 8pt. I'd love to enter the challenge sometime. Hopefully you get a chance to get up here and give it a try.

Made a quick trip up to our farms to check trail cameras and the 3 hour drive was well worth the trip. The bean fields were dynamite the past three weeks and we now a long list of bucks we're looking for this fall. Here are some of the biggest and best.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:10 PM

titleist, those are some dandies! good luck with them. Less than 2 weeks til my season, and I've been seeing alot of does, but not much for bucks. Hopefully they will show up soon.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.