Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10) >

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Old 09-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

I posted these on the Bowhunting forum, but figured I would here as well. Crazy looking rack. Would love to get a shot at him.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:17 PM

Good luck with that brute, he is a tank for sure!!!! I finally went to Cableas yesterday and returned my Moultrie I60 and was planning on getting a Reconyx RC60 but my sisters wedding wasted my money so I ended up trading it in on a Moutlrie I40, a new Scrape dripper, and a pair of bino's for my fiance. I set the scrape drippers and camera up 17 yards in front of my fiances treestand today and won't be checking it till we hunt that stand. I am really excited about this spot for her and I am praying to the big man up stairs that she has some encounters from this stand!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys!

I have some good news! I won my first 3D tournament on the 20th! Came out winner in my division (17 and under.) and was 2 points away from first place over allin both divisions, and that included a pro staff for Mathews. I won a muzzleloader and in a 60 yard shoot off I won a $50 gift card also. Beating out the Mathews Pro Staffer by 3/8 of a inch! Best of all it's all on film! I'll post a video as soon as I get it all edited!

Old 09-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats 8pt, great shooting. What type of bow do you shoot...must be a Bowtech!! Well guys I got 2 more stands up over the weekend making 6 total. Still not much for buck sign, but more promising that a week ago. Supposed to cool down next week and I'll be at it. Out season opens Oct 1st, can't wait.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:25 PM

thats a heck of a deer titleist.
Congrats to you 8pt.
I got some good news. I was nearly sleeping in my stand last night and i heard footsteps. I turned around and saw a nice 8 pt. about 15" wide, but i was in a double tree and couldnt get my bow between them, so I never got a shot.
While shining tonite, I saw a 17" 8 pointer and a 10 pointer well outside the ears with long tines. I would say a definite 140". I can hunt both places, so I'm pumped.
Hopefully I'll have some more good news soon. Good luck to all you guys.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:43 AM
Typical Buck

Great Looking Buck (Titleist)..I Hope you get crack @ him... Our season dosn't open untill Oct 18th this year...
Im waiting for around Holloween time to get stoked up... Been seein some Beutys..Vacation starts Oct 30th till Nov 30th......Thats right a whole frigging month. Good luck Team mates, We need to collect some BONE..
Old 09-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

I have some bad news... I was out hunting with my dad the other day when 4 does came walking down a path right to me. At40 yards they turned and started walking away from me at a 90 degree angle. (I practiced out to 60 yards all the time and was very confident in my shooting ability...) I waited untilthe biggest doe'shead was behind a tree and fired. I watched my arrow hit the deer and heard a loud thud... The deer then ran off...

I called my dad and told him what happened, he said waita while then we'll start tracking.When we went towhere I shot my doe we didn't find anything... No arrow, no blood, nothing....

Then after 10 minutes of searching my dadfound my arrow 30 yards from where the doe was shot... It was broken in half with the broadhead broken off and the shaft covered in meat/muscle tissue...About 30 yards from the broken arrow we found a faint blood trail which we followed for 3 hours before we lost it...My dad said from how my arrow looked, hethought it was a shoulder shot...[:@]This is my first deer I ever lost and I feel terrible...[:'(]
Old 10-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately most bowhunters will experience this same scenario sometime in their hunting career, most more than once. Remember that feeling and it will make you a better hunter.

Our season opened today...and I'm here in the office. I'll get out here in the next few days and hopefully have something to report. Good luck.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Today was our opener. The morning had me staring at plenty of nannies with the exception of a Spike. The afternoon was much better, Had an 8, a 9 and a small 8 with his left main beam snapped off at the brow tine. I let them all walk since I have bigger fish to fry, all in all it was a promising day and I'll be back out tomorrow, Friday and Saturday.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out hunting this afternoon but didn't see anything... I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.