Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30) >

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Community

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Old 12-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 30 Thread

Good effort there Jack! Thanks for all your posts and Ihope to meet up with you again!

We are nearing the end of the MD gun season, so deer are now largely nocturnal. I've had some dinks pass by the past week or so. I think the fawn rut in January is my next best bet. I was out tonight in a spot where I had seena nice buck last Saturday - nada.

A friend told me that a gun hunter may have hitTHE bigone I had spent a lot of time pursuing - the buck was not recovered, so I don't know... I still know of threev. nice bucksstill around. I'll post an occasional update... My season closes 31 January.

-fsh

Old 12-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

fshafly2,

I hope you can close the deal on one of those bucks! I'll be pullin for ya!

Good luck buddy !
Old 12-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Merry Christmas, teammates. I'll be dreaming of these until next season.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

And a merry Xmas back to you Jack and wishing all you guys a prosperous 2009!

Well, the gun season drove the bucks into their foxholes around here, but it's starting to get interesting again. I went through quite a dry spell that broke Saturday morning, the last day of our gun season,when I saw a wide-rackbuck pass well out of bow range in the early morning -- he ignored my grunts. Today just before sunset, I had a pretty 8 ptr (3 1/2 yr, ~17") at <20yds for 5 minutes; he might have beenclose to 120 - I gave him a pass.I'vehad a few nice bucks on my trail cameras the past few nights, soit'sgood toknow that theytoo had survived the gun season.

The holidays and family get-togethers will put a brake on my outings (earning kitchen-pass credits, lol),but I expect to pick it back up soon where I left off.

Anyone else still slugging it out?

-fsh

Old 12-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey guys......we tried hard, huh?

Merry Christmas to everyone. I won't be on for quie some time, starting tomorrow (season closer)....so I wanted to bid you all holiday cheer.

God bless you all.

Jeff
Old 12-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

Team Nockem Dead #30

Wishing you all a safe and a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
God Bless
Rocky

Old 12-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Picked off a nice doe tonight - 11 yd shot that center punched the heart. Muzzleloader season is still on, so I have to wear the blaze orange...
-fsh

Old 12-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Typical Buck

Andy
Congrats on the Doe, keep at er bud and best of luck n the extended season your able to hunt .r
Old 12-31-2008, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys

I'd like to wish you all a merry Christmas and happy new year

I apologize for not checkin in in a while. Unfortunatly, I wasn't able to put a buck on the ground before the end of archery season. I had seen a real nice deer with two weeks left in the season, which I assumed was an 8 point. But when he came within bow range, I saw that he was actually a big 6 point without browtines. After that, I couldn't find another good buck. It was a great year though.

I ended up taking a nice 8 point in rifle season. I'm pretty happy with him.

He came in chasing a doe on the first friday of the season (Dec. 5). I took him at 40 yards with my .243.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

I picked off another doethis afternoon- her unlucky day. I had a very nice 10 ptr - good mass and tine length about 50 yds away, but I thought he'd never come in before legal time ended. Good late season action...
-fsh

Quick Reply: Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.