Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30) >

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Community

Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Old 09-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 30 Thread

Best of luck GMMAT; I know you'll git 'er done.

This will be my last post for 10 or 12 days asI'll beheading to Wyoming shortly. Looking forward to seeing some Nock Em Dead success stories when I get back.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Canuck_2

Best of luck GMMAT; I know you'll git 'er done.

This will be my last post for 10 or 12 days asI'll beheading to Wyoming shortly. Looking forward to seeing some Nock Em Dead success stories when I get back.
Won't be seeing any success stories from me... PA's season doesn't start till October 4th. [&o]

Anyway, enjoy your trip!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:50 PM

Checked my cam today and had a few bucks on it nothing special but something to look at ! Lots of does visiting this feeder usually 6 or 7 in every shot ! Two 140" or better seen driving around the property can't wait till Oct 1st
Old 09-02-2008, 08:39 PM

just letting you guys know im still here... over then next 5 days or so my input will be very very minimal... school work and finishing a remodel/moving in... gonna be very busy... good luck Canuck!
Old 09-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

The start of the hunting season around here is marked by early Sept dove hunting. I plant a small (~3A) sunflower field every year on my farm, and hostatraditional dove hunt for a few family and friends. We all had a good time yesterday, getting limits but for the one guy who arrived a bit late.I think dove isin the top three as far as excellent-eating wild game. It's on the menu tonight!

I will be leavinginthe near futureto bowhunt moose up in Newfoundland, and then I'll pick up the deer season. I'll check in when I get back. -fsh

My brother and nephew posted in the prime flyway:

Hard to beat a sunflower field for attracting dove.

Bushhog a few rows (perfectly legal - the State does thistoo in theirWildlife Management Areas), and the dove will show up.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Question:

Were the following guys in the bowhunting contest, last year?

Dewbaby
Okiebowhunter
Canuck2
Marylandbowhunter

If not....what did (if you took one) your bucks from '07 score?

Just curious. Thanks!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:18 PM

I wasn't in a contest last year I didn't get to hunt much ! I shot a 126 1/8 8 point the year before!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:07 PM

I wasnt in it last year... I didnt get a buck with a bow last year... kinda switched hunting leases during bow season so not much info or knowledge about the lease... hunted it the last half of the year last year and have done a decent amount of scouting this summer and have a few "ok" bucks on the property
Old 09-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys
Pretty quiet in here I see,well my week was all work and one evening I got off at 7pm and went for a walk out to the bush line where I'm working as we stay at the place where were working. Snuck up on a yote and got to with in 40 yards and dang was he ticked he didn't hear me, LMAO. I did see a few small bucks and 3 does. So the evening made me feel alive again. I thought for sure I'd get out for the 1st time tonight but my stuff wasn't quite ready to go. Been shooting daily at least and am shooting the lights out asis my son-in-law. He wants to hunt ,but I keep telling him if he wants to hunt with me and in my stands then he needs to quit smoking. SO I can't see him hunting with me this season. My daughter is about to bless me with another grandchild by the 19th,so with work & the child on the way,my time is being all used up and only leaving me with Saturdays to hunt. It's only for another 4 weeks and then I can commit myself to hugging a tree and my team. I'll get my deer!!! It's not like I'm letting you all down with someone who isn't committed to the team. I keep drooling about a few of the bucks I have on my cam. It only gets better as the rut draws nearer.To those of you hunting already ,God Bless and wear your safetybelt,life's to short not too.
Rocky
Old 09-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Was not in the contest last season . Bucks...... I have never shot a buck

Quick Reply: Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.