Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 01-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Fran- Thats just put up on a travel route between a corn field and an adjacent hemlock swampbedding area. The deer pretty much file through there single file, its a thing of beauty really. I would put out a bait site if it was legal, but i am a law abiding citizen, so I cant do that. I have a pretty good feeling he wont be going anywhere before next year, this spot has it all food, cover, and its remote. No body goes back there but me, but I didnt have it quite figured out this year so I stayed out completly and focused on another spot so I didnt screw it up.

Jason- Good luck in the 3d shoot! Id like to get into that someday when ive got more time on my hands.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking pics guy's. Al hope you nail that guy next year he should be a dandy. Fran I hope you have a tree picked out for me, I might make it back down there a litttle later in the season.

As for me it's been a busy new year at work and at home. My wife has been in Cambobia for the last week and I'm at home playing MR. Mom. I was taking the back roads to work last week and saw 2 bucks sparing but they already shed, it was funny. I went back there the next day I saw the 2 again and there was 3 more bucks but they still had there head gear on. I'm going to try and get out there every other day until the big 1's drop . Then I'll go and find them.

I going to try and make it up to my cabin at the end of the month I want to do some scouting oustde of the land I own. That's it for now. Later
Old 01-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out shedding today. I was at the new land by my house about an hour into it, I see movement to my left and low and behold he comes a huge 10 point with some junk on it, He walked straight at me and got about 5 yards away before he hit the brakes. Behind him was a smaller 8 point with about a 22" spread. there was a line of deer and most of them got within 10 yards. there was a couple of 6 point maybe a fork and 8 does. The funny thing is I could see my truck. They ran right past it. Shed hunting is going to have to wait a couple more weeks. I tried getting a cell phone pic of them but it didn't turn out.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Almost about time for them to really start falling Dan.

When you are ready.. lets hook up and cover some ground.

Oh.. don't forget to make a mental note of that area you kicked him up in.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm hoping to get out next weekend and cover some ground. My wife gets back from cambodia in the morning so next weekend is all mine. I'll give you a call this week.

I didn't kick him up they were moving on there own and we just happen to run into each other.

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Almost about time for them to really start falling Dan.

When you are ready.. lets hook up and cover some ground.

Oh.. don't forget to make a mental note of that area you kicked him up in.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Danno - good talkin to ya today. I had an interesting day - nearly mauled to death by a beaver. I wish I had a witness. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3308951

Keep on Rockin' boys!

I put a trail camera out today - so my trailcam is probably losing its virginity as we speak.

I couldn't be more amped for '09 than I am right now.I'm ready to rock.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not much happenin here, been taking advantage of the snow and have been out snowmobiling lately. I'll be hitting the woods as soon as we get rid of this snow, but I figure we've got about a month or so more of this crap. The cuddeback has been working hard, I love that freekin thing. Hands down the best cam ive ever used. Its unreal, and its their cheap model.[8D]

School start back up tomorrow, which really blows, been on vacation since dec 19th though, so its about time I get back doingsome learningLol.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Howdy boys!

Been doing a lot of shooting lately. If I can keep it up, I should be in the best 'shootin shape' of my life!! Shot a 3D tourney last weekend. Overall did well, just dropped a few to many 8's.... Shot a 288/300. Highlight of the day was I shot a robin hood on a really tough kneeling shot.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welp, still snowin like a mother here.... Cabin fever has set in, big time.. I think that im going to have to set up my targets in the garage, just because I need to get shooting again. If this snow ever melts, and im not so sure that it will, i'll be out looking for my boy's sheds.

But until then...
Old 02-07-2009, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike it was great meeting you the other day. Thanks for coming out and scouting that with me. I learned some stuff to. We'll have to do it again some time. I'll get you that topo on Monday.

As for the rest of you, It's been great having the team together let's make it a 3 peat. By the way My status as a deer hunter right now is somewhere between King of Deer Hunting and Deer Hunting God. I'm on both gun and bow hunting contest winning teams. Just kidding about that it's fun to brag though. Feel free to contact me through the year I'll be around.

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.