Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 12-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.... Have a safe and Happy New Years everyone!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

What's up homies?! Nothing much new here - just ringing in the new year, ya know. I hope you boys all had a safe and enjoyable holiday.

Cheers . . .to a prosperous 2009.

My New Years' Resolution . . . I've decided . . . Is to start shooting bigger bucks.

This guy will be a solid 3.5 this season.

As of last week, my shedseason has begun.

You fellas keep your boots laced and your heads in the game, and we'll rock this contest again next year.

Hit the Rock.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran hope you stick to the resolution.

Jason hope you had a happy holiday with the new little one.

Everybody else hope you all made it through.

Mine was boring.I was surrounded by girls all under the age of 10. I wish I had a gun at some point. We hung out at the cabin and played games and watched movies all night. I did do some late season scouting and had my wife in the stand 1 night, she didn't make it until dark it was freezing rain and windy out. She ate tag soup this year. Now it's back to the grind for the next few months.

Marty I'm still pulling for you to lay 1 down.

Dan don't worry about not getting anything for the team as long as you had fun and learned some stuff for next year.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, nothing new happening up here in NY. Ive convinced myself that im going to buy an Ohio bow tag for next year, I figure that since its only like 125 bucks, and a few hour drive, that its worth the extra few weekends that i'll get to hunt. Plus it will give me the chance on some of the big boys that dont roam in my neck of the woods. My plan is to just pick one spot in particular, and hunt the nads out of it. If I start to jump around i will probably just end up wasting my time.

Not much else going on here, looks like we've pretty much got this thing in the bag for this year. Keep those batteries charged because next fall is just a few seasons away!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys the season is over here in TN and I have a big goose egg for bucks. I still had more fun hunting than I deserve, I don't regret anything about it.

Congrats to my team members for carrying my load and still out performing the rest of the field. I am honored to be associated with you all, each and every one.

It's been a great year and I look forward to next season with the Dark Horses!
Old 01-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a good season Mcouey! You stashed some karma for next year, get rested up, the 3-peat will take all the energy that we got!

As for the rest of you fellas, its been a great year! I feel honored just to be part of this assembly.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whazzup homeboys?! Same old, Same old here. House shopping... Ugh.

Anyway, I was able to escape my wife's evil clutches yesterday and spent the day scouting in Ohio and freezing my cajones off. There was some snow cover, so finding any sheds was a pipe dream, but I just wanted to walk some new areas and find the bedding areas and look for pinchpoints and geographic features. Mission accomplished.

Maybe next weekend, if this snow ever melts off, I'll get back in there and grid out a few of the heavier bedding areas that I found. Some of those places looked great for shed hunting. Time will tell.

In all, I saw about 25 deer - so that was encouraging. I guess the gunners didn't get 'em all...

Bed under the pine canopy - foggy cameraphone

More snowy beds

There's a deer across the lake, but it didn't show up so well in the pic

I have a stand site across this beaver pond

2 deer

Same 2 deer. Can't really see 'em.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics Fran! I happened to get a few bucks on my trail cams the other day, I set her up between a corn field and a bedding area in a little pinch point. Heres what the cuddeback captured![8D]

#1 on next years hit list so far...
Old 01-18-2009, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Damn Gunner - that's gonna be a great buck next fall. Bait. Fence him in. Tie him up. Do whatever you gotta do to keep that mammajamma around 'til next season!

Do you have your cameras set over a bait site, or are they just positioned along travel routes/food sources? I have two new cams that I might put out this week.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellas,

I made it out to do some goose hunting last weekend, heck of a hunt! Been pretty busy other wise. I've taken on some additional responsibility at work, which is taking more time... Think I'm going to shoot in a 3d tourney this weekend. Been dying to try out my new BowTech Captain.

Al - that one buck looks like he's gonna be a great one next year!!

Great video Dan!

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.