Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 12-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

I'll be outta here for a few days, Happy Holidays to all of ya!
Old 12-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy shot abuck last night on my property. There is some history with this buck,It's the buck that busted me the night before I shot mine. I passed on him the second weekend of gun season. So on to the kill My neighbor spent the last 3 weeks trying to get him to come in durning daylight. Everyday he went out the buck came in 30 minutes after dark and everyday he didn't go the buck would be there before dark. Last night with the temps at -5 and the wind chill at -30 to -40 he walked in over 3/4's of a mile and slid into the stand without making a noise. and sure enough he came in 20 minutes left. He made a great shot and found him within 80 yards. He run right back to his bed.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan,

That's a great looking deer your buddy took! It even looks cold in the pic
Old 12-24-2008, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Merry Christmas boys!

Jason, this will be a special one for you, with your little girl. Enjoy it bro.

Al - go chase some tail and get yourself a "christmas present." You only live once. LOL

Danno - tell J that I said congrats. He definitely deserves it. It was cold as balls. I couldn't imagine bowhunting in that kind of weather. Good grief. I bet he was happier than a pig in new mud!

Mike, Marty, Daniel, Dave, AD, Tim, Jason, Al, Danny- you boys all have a great holiday. Have a drink to salute another great, safe season. Most importantly, toast yourselves to great friends and great family. My hat's off to all you guys. Take this time to reflect on things.

Once the holidays are over, we'll all get our heads screwed back on, and start strategerizing to do this again next season. We are the champions . . . and we will be the champions again next year. I guarantee it.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a pic of my mount from my 2008 buck.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Guys i just got my 8pt back from gun season.He's not bad for
Public land around here in arkansas.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope everyone had a nice christmas! As for me I got one nice little gift, his name is duke, and before you know it, he'll be hauling in waterfowl for me by the dozen.

Right now hes just a little runt, but he parents were both 90#ers, so he should grow up fast.

In other news, went out snowmobiling the other night and seen one more nice buck, 9pt about 110". I was surprised becuase ive never seen him before, but hes was in an area that im always hunting. Hopefully he makes it to next year because he will be a bruiser for sure.

Treated myself to some new boots as well. Danner hunt gtx or something like that. I'll be field testing them tomorrow in the rain, ive never used anything but rubber boots, so we'll see what this goretex is made of...
Old 12-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking pup Al.

Well my season came to an end today. 1 deer sighting a doe and a lesson reminder. The doe crossed the creek about 80 yards in front of me and hit my boot tracks she snorted turned and ran towards me. She then jumped the creek again and stood there for 10 minutes at 20 yards. The only thing I can figure is my boots stunk. she wouldn't cross my tracks. They were sitting in my truck and I forgot to spray them down. At least it wasn't a huge buck.

There is nothing left to do but start shed hunting in a couple of weeks.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Well my season ends tonight and I won't be hunting since I have to work(I guess I'll be drunk hunting with New Years).It is going to be tag soup for me this year and I am sorry I couldn't contribute to the team. Late season hunting was tough with the weather being so crazy. After hunting the first 60 hours and only seeing a spike and a doe, I think that is a clear sign to find some better ground to hunt. I have some good leads out and I am going to make that my focus for the 2009 season.

Congrats to all of you who made this a smoking hot team again in 2008! It has been a fun ride!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking addition Al!!! Cute pup!

I feel the same way Daniel. If I've learned one lesson from this year, is that I need a few more spots in my home area....

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.