Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Community

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 11-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Nope, no pet beetles.....yet...

Im a boiler right now, like yourself.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Spike

Fran-Awesome buck and great story...Congrats you deserve it.

Icame up witha score of144 5/8 for my buck with a busted G4 on the left side.

I thought I'd share a few pics from when I was in KS. The first isone of my stands that I have. I've killed 3 bucks out of this tree, including this years buck. It's in a perfect funnel but trees are at a premium around there so it may not look like much. It was extremely windy this year and this is 1 tree you don't want to be in when it's really windy, so I couldn't hunt it the first 5 days.

I also took a couple of trail cams with me and gotten alot of pictures. This one is one of my favorites. The rut seemed like it was going really strong starting about Nov. 5, which seemed a little early. We were seeing alot of buckssingled out with does but no real monsters. The buck I shot (Nov. 8) was with a doe and he was fighting off a couple of smaller bucks when she led him past me. But you can tell they were breeding by Nov. 9.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday is Gun opener. I have 1 buck tag and 2 doe.

Tim great pics that buck mounting is a rare trail cam photo.

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Hey Danno, when is your gun season? U have any tags left for that?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any word on mcouey, AD, or Dan 2?? Hope they are getting close to some bruisers!
Old 11-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan 2 is in gun season. Marty better be in the woodsAD Haven't heard so hard to tell.
ORIGINAL: NY/Al

Any word on mcouey, AD, or Dan 2?? Hope they are getting close to some bruisers!
Old 11-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

Hey, I reported in on a Veterans Day doe I killed. I've been in the stand one time since then, got skunked. My neighbor told me someone was shooting full-auto weapons last week between 9-10PM, sounded to him like they were in the woods where I hunt. I looked around there but didn't see anything that would prove that, but I didn't see a single deer, where I've been seeing 8-9 does and a spike roaming through consistently.

I'm taking Friday off and plan to hunt the morning on some public land near me. Therifle opener is saturday, but this area is archery only, so if it looks promising I'll seek refuge there when the pumpkins are out. It should be pretty good if it's the only place in the county firearms aren't going off. Dontcha think?

I'm hunting in West TN Thurs-Sunday Thanksgiving weekend, and should see some action there, the rut is imminent here in TN. I plan to be in the stand as much as possible.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Marty! Yeah, archery only area's can be a pretty sweet gig, if you can be lucky enough to be close to one....

We're doing VERY well so far, but there are still some pretty active teams out there. I think we would be in pretty good shape if we could even just get one more buck down.....

Old 11-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did post a short write up on my buck..... Enjoy....

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3179138
Old 11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not bow hunting but I was going through some of my pics and came up with a couple from Glacier. My daughter and I with a big horn.

The next 1 is me standing on an edge of a cliff looking out on a lake.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

I noticed that the scorecard has been updated, and Team DH is putting the SMACKDOWN on it. There's still lots of time for others to catch up, but I have to say that our little group of killers (you know who you are ) has absolutely demoralized much of the pack and set Team DH up to be the Alpha dogs!

Great job guys! I'm trying my best. How humiliating would it be for the rest of the field if we come in over 1000 inches?

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.