Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Community

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 09-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

I posted this question in the technical section but I thought I would bounce it off of you guys too. Is there any difference between 24 hour epoxy from Bohning or some other archery supplier and 24 hour epoxy from a hardware store? I too live over an hour from any outdoor store and really need to get the inserts glued into my new CX Maxima Hunters.

I gotthe strings and cables changed on my 82nd. I also had the draw length changed from 29 to 30. Man does this bow fit me better! Get the inserts glued in and my pins reset and I should be ready to go.

Looks like my inlaws have the financing all figured out so my dream hunting spot might be ours! Just have to wait until October 5th for the auction.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Nice Fran!

Irocked that song alot last year going to the Stand.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dbleyepatches

I posted this question in the technical section but I thought I would bounce it off of you guys too. Is there any difference between 24 hour epoxy from Bohning or some other archery supplier and 24 hour epoxy from a hardware store? I too live over an hour from any outdoor store and really need to get the inserts glued into my new CX Maxima Hunters.
I ususally just use any regular heavy duty epoxy and seem to have great success with it. I wouldnt drive all the way to the outdoor store just for that stuff.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Daniel, like Al said- the regular epoxy from the hardware store will work. Unfortunately, you never know how an adhesive is going to stick to a certain material/surface until you just try it. For example, certain fletching glues just refuse tostick to certain types of shafts. If I were in your shoes, I'd glue one and test it. If it works well, then do the other 11 after you're satisfied with the results. That way, if it's a no-go, you only have one arrow to clean up.

I got out last night and shot bow for the first time in a while. The new arrowswere great - and I got a pretty good flight out of them, despite the different shaft diameter and me not moving the rest at all (yet). Unfortunately, I put on a muzzy practice tip, and was 6" low left (consistently) @ 25 - so I have a little bit of bh tuning to do. Ugh.I totally hate screwing around with that stuff. Too much like work. Instead of fixing it, I just cursed at it and put it away. Even the dog got sick of all the heat and complaining, so he wanted to go back inside. I followed.

You wanna know what's amazing? How many old broadheads that one person can amass in 15 years of bowhunting. I keep giving them away, and I still must have 10 zillion old heads floating around inside my bowhunting tacklebox. Do any of you guys shoot Muzzy 100 3-bladers? (not the MX3's, but the original ones)

So I went somewhere I haven't been in years to buy my outdoors supplies WAL-MART. That place is Ghetto, there was some heffer walking around in he PJ's and slippers.
This made me laugh. Ya, not much in the line of eye candy at Walmart. I was there not too long ago, and missed an opportunity to snap an awesome cameraphone picture of a guy rockin' a 1986 Camaro Mullet. That's some serious mulletude right there. He was in full strut.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ah.. Fran. You slay me.

Moms spaghetti.. nice video and good choice of song.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bam! Passed the bloodyEthics Test.

I may not wear clothes at any point this weekend. I'm feeling that good right now.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran congrat's . Just for you I give you the Wal-Mart special

Old 09-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dan, I never pictured you as a guy with so much chest hair. I like the way you have it kinda spikey on top, but all party in the back.

If we win this contest again, I say we change our team name to Maxximum Mullitude, and each grow a playoff deerseason mullet. ...thinking out loud...
Old 09-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Fran!! Hope you are able to turn that into a little extra hunting time for yourself this fall - you deserve it!! I do actually shoot the traditional 3 blade Muzzys... Also giving some thought about trying out some Rage 2's in IA this year.... Not for sure though... Like the Muzzys for the most part, the only thing I haven't really liked is the size of the entry hole... You look at some of those pics where guys are shootings Slick Tricks or Expandables and it's just amazing!!

Dan - Looking at the pic, looks like you've made some 'changes' since last fall... Watch out for winds gusts and such,don't want to get that long hair caught in your cams.... [8D]
Old 09-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Atta boy Fran! I shoot muzzy's 3 bladers as well, ever deer i have hit (good) has gone down in a hurry, so if it aint broke, i figure i wont fix it.

I tell ya what, if we do win the i just might grow out a deer season mullet of joy. I'll walk into the barber shop and just ask for a little off the top, every time!

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.