Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 09-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

It couldn't have been me you never sent your info.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got a picture message of somebody's Johnson. Who is the guilty party?
Wasn't I. But that is cute.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Goin out to swap cards quick in the trail cams, you guys will be the first to know if theres anything spactacular!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

Guys whats going On!

Im not on here for a few days and
i come back to Texting Johnsons

Maybe this Pic will help get you guys
on the right page...

Old 09-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wish people would stop posting pictures of my wife.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

No matter how many times I see that pic, I never get tired of it

I'm getting itchy guys... Can't wait to get out and spend some time actually hunting instead of thinking and just talking about it!!! [8D]

Think Mike is on to something about the early season. Early season can be pretty good under the right circumstances. Especially if you can get then patterned - can be a great opportunity to score!! Of course if I only had limited time to hunt (say 2 weeks or so), I would certinaly hunt the rut (first couple weeks of Nov)...
Old 09-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Yeaim ready2 can't wait.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love that picture......[8D]

Anyways, just swapped cards and all i got was one buck.

[align=left]Looks to be a 2 1/2,6 point, nothing to write home about.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I wish i would have put my good camera in this spot. This is a classic buck crossing that everyone over looks. Its on the west side of a 2 acre pond and just outside of the county woods. The bucks know not to get into the county woods because everything gets shot in there, so when they cross the road they have to go this way.Either that or theyhave to go way around the pond, or run the gauntlet. You probably dont get what im saying, so since im feeling creative, heres a picture.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Green=bedding area[/align][align=left]blue=water[/align][align=left]red= DANGEROUS county woods![/align][align=left]Yellow=where i might put a stand[/align][align=left]Brown=Trail[/align][align=left]Grey=trail cam[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Art class is over, have a goodday![/align]
Old 09-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Al - looks like a wide open understory in there. I know that's how a lot of those woods are - it's the same way up around my camp in Warren, PA. Big canopy, not much on the ground - until you get into the cutovers, which are pretty nasty to walk through.

Jason - you're 100% right. Sometimes, I think bowhunters canbe a littletoo conservative in the early season - fearful of bumping something. Look at the summer-pattern bucks that get entered in this contest every year. It tells a tale of how easy the pickings can be, before thehormones start to kick in.

So who has a hunting vacation planned?I know Jason is taking a week to huntin Iowa. I know that Dan will be takinga little jaunt to Ohio. Anyoneelse?You don't have to be"going" anywhere, just trying to see if anyone has any time off work just to hunt.

My only hopeof a "hunting vacation"will be if I did pass the ethics test, then get admitted to the PA bar - and can somehow swing a "break" between 2 jobs. My ethics test scores should be in within a week or two, so that will start to cast some light on things...

Old 09-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well with me being the boss I tell everybody that I'm the only 1 that is allowed time of from October 15th thru the end of November. They know not even a family members death is an excuse. It all depends on whenI shoot my buck. But I'll be working 3 day weeks at the end of Octoberuntil the job is done.

I give most of my guy's venision and they love it so they want me to fill there freezers. They stay on top of all the work so all is good.

The Ohio thing looks to be fun. It is going to come up fast.

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.