Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Community

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 08-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

Just stopped by the pro shot and ordered a string and set of cables from Winners Choice.... No time to screw around with ths stuff ya know... Just needed the push, been wanting to get a new set for the last year.

They said generally takes about 5 days to get in, but with the holiday week I'm probably out until the week of Sept 8....
Old 08-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Might as well take right care of it though! Nothing worse then doubting your self at the moment of truth!!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

WC really does make a great set of strings/cables, Jason. I've had great luck with mine - this will be year #2, and year #3 is looking very realistic. You can never go wrong by taking that route. Hopefully, some new threads will get those groups tightened-up and putyour troubles in the rear-view mirror. Just make sure you put a couple-hundred shots through it, give everything time to settle-in.

I just suckered the wife into taking a spotlighting ride with me. She'll probably complain the whole time... Cold... Bored... Tired... Hungry... Thirsty... etc... Women. Ugh.

So when can you boys start hunting? I'm in the tree on 9/27.

Who here is into text messaging? I text a lot while I sit in the stand - especially during the slow lulls. I might hit you guys up for some cell numbers.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck Dark Horses!

Old 08-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wont be in the stand until 10/18, which sucks but oh well. I might have to take a trip down to PA and hit it up for a few weeks.

I usually text message a lot on stand too Fran, it gives me something to do that is quiet and motionless at the same time.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Just wanting to wish you guys good luck for this coming season. Oh yeah, don't let the mounting pressure of attempting to repeat get to any of you.[8D] By the way as season goes along and if you haven't scored on a buck the pressure gets tougher to deal with. My advice........shoot the first buck that walks by
Old 08-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

We open 9/27 here, but I'm going to miss the morning hunt. I have an RA camp out scheduled for the 26th, so I'll have to come home and get on the stand for the afternoon.

Anyway, if it's hot like it was last year, I'm waiting for it to cool off. Last year on opening day I was sitting in the stand sweating like a pig before the sun even came up. I got busted by a doe from 70 yards, and I couldn't even see her, she just started blowing and running like a train. I'll wait for cool weather before I go out now. It's not much fun to rush it, even though I can't wait for the season to open.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mcouey

We open 9/27 here, but I'm going to miss the morning hunt. I have an RA camp out scheduled for the 26th, so I'll have to come home and get on the stand for the afternoon.

Anyway, if it's hot like it was last year, I'm waiting for it to cool off. Last year on opening day I was sitting in the stand sweating like a pig before the sun even came up. I got busted by a doe from 70 yards, and I couldn't even see her, she just started blowing and running like a train. I'll wait for cool weather before I go out now. It's not much fun to rush it, even though I can't wait for the season to open.
I'm with you. Opening day is 09/15 here but the bugs are too bad for me and it is just too hot. I usually wait until we get a frost around the first of October.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from the woods, put out two trail cams in some nice spots so hopefully they will produce better than my last few attempts![&:]

Now all i need is a week to go by so i can check them!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'am up north right now. My season starts in 13 days. That one snuck up on me. Stands are hung in the trees with care, in hope that ST. Bigbuck will bring some hunting cheer.
Man that last sentence was gay must be to much blood in my alcohol system. Didn't get any new bucks on camera but that 10 from last year shrunkHe looks like he did at 2.5. Oh well. Have a great holiday.

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.