Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Community

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 11-19-2008, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Marty you brought in the victory last year. I expect the same thing might happen this year. Push us over the 900" mark.

DanII I know you said it was gun season but How much time do you get in the late season?

I'll be bringing out the smoke pole this weekend. Not my favorite time to hunt but it's still hunting and I get my dad out in the woods. It's going to be cold so he said he might hunt the back porch over the oat field.What a wuss. I have5 guy's my wife and myself hunting so we'll see what happens but this is the last year I'm hosting It's to much BS and I don't enjoy it anymore.I have 1 more day of bow season (Thursday) so I'm going to try 1 more time at that buck I saw on Sunday.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright boys, your battin clean-up! All I want is 2 more buck on the ground, one 150, and one around 100![8D] Keep at it, cant take our foots off the gas!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

your kicking Ass and taking no prisoners, you guys need to slow down.

Keep up the good work on the Bucks dropping!!!!!!!!!!

Chris
Old 11-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see you guys are the "returning champs"...Did you get to keep the same team from last year? Shouldnt the team be different since its a random draw?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

They keep the champs together until we loose the title. Just the way they set it up. Other teams need something to shoot for and it gives everybody a chance to smack talk.

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

I see you guys are the "returning champs"...Did you get to keep the same team from last year? Shouldnt the team be different since its a random draw?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ohhhhh OK, I get ya. Seems cool. But its obvious this team has true hunters. (Not all of us have teams who actually care)
Old 11-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Marty - I think you're about to lay the hammer down on a buck. I really believe that. I'm calling your shot. You're next.

Danno - will you be making it out to Ohio for gun season? Let me know if you are. I'll give you some areas to scope out.

Duke - any more deer tags for you?

As for me, I have a doe tag that I saved for gun season. So that will give me something to do. I'll lug the Weatherby around and see if I can see one close to the camp. If not, maybe I can lay out a coyote or two again. More likely, I'll eat that doe tag and try to get one with the recurve in the late archery season. Al - if you wanna come down for deer camp, just let me know. PA nonres tags are $101.00. I just checked on their site. In 2 days of hunting, I'd give you a 40% chance of filling it with a legal buck. We'll be in Warren County, so that's not a bad drive for you at all. All you'll need to bring with you is a case of beer and $10 in change for playing cards.

Daniel - u been out lately? Any word on that big buck that you ran into earlier this season?
Old 11-23-2008, 03:50 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry I haven't been checking in lately guys. My wife got into a pretty bad accident and totalled our car with both of our girls in it. Everyone is doing well and were just really sore for a few days. She lost control on some terrible washboard and went off of a 10' embankment. I've been busy trying to find something else for her to drive without paying out the nose for it.

Bow season is still closed with rifle season being open until monday. I am planning on hitting it hard once rifle closes. Some dumb ass trespassed onto our land in the middle of the night and shot the only nice buck that I know about on tuesday. I found him when I was checking traps this morning all bloated and nasty. I took the antlers for rattling but this is not exactly how I planned on getting him. Nota huge deer, just a really niceand symetrical. Probably would have scored 110-120. He was seen the last 3 days of his life in the exact same spot at sun rise walking down the exact same trail. I think I would have had a decent chance at him on monday but I guess that is how it goes

Jason- I have until December 31 to arrow a buck so don't give up on me quite yet! I am going to try hard up until the last day if necessary. My standards are getting lower and lower by the minute.

Fran- The buck I shot has not been seen since. The land owner, his wife, and his son hunt the land and they didn't see him. Man I hope he made it.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Daniel, Sorry to hear about the car accident. Thank goodness everyone is doing OK!!

Sounds like your busy and have a plan down in NE for late season, but if you need a break from NEB and have the extra cash for a SD non-res tag, let me know and we can meet up for a weekend hunt.... I've got a few locations (that are a ways away from me) that are pretty good late season stands. Probably a 50%+ chance at getting a shot at a buck over the course of a weekend....
Old 11-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, just getting in from an exausting weekend, had a hell of a time though. All of my buds were home from college for break so we went out and put on a few small drives with the old pumpkin' chuckers. And as usuall, im the only one who can kill anything![8D]

Wasnt really looking to fill out my buck tag on this guy, but since all the fellas were around, its always nice to get a kill down to help moral.

How about some pics.....

Started it off with a big ole coyote. 80 yards, commin at me.

Another shot of him

Did a little photo session on my way back one morning, heres the best bass pond east of the mississippi

Cool lookin road after the fresh snow

Another cool lookin photo-op

And last my buck, busted off g2 on his left, pretty cool lookin rack though

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.