Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Community

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 10-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Well boys, I won't be online between now and then, so GOOD LUCK this weekend! Get out there and kick some ass. I'll be on stand in Ohio this Saturday AM. I should have cell service from my planned stand site, so I'll be texting. Hit me up.

I'll get my rack scored sometime this weekend. Will have it posted by Monday. I've got a lot to do, in a very short period of time...

Gentlemen: This is it. This is our time. We own November. Don't you ever forget that.

We've got a solid lead going into the half, and we will not be denied. We will NOT take our foot off the gas. We WILL finish strong. We own this contest. This is our domain.

We've put ourselves in a position to demolish the competition, and its up to therest of the teamto step up, just like last year, andstomp on their throats. There is no doubt that we can go six-for-six from here on out. We can and will crush the 1000" mark. We're off to the best start of any team in the history of this contest. Remember that.

Remember when we were counted out last year, before the contest even started? Remember all the vows to make sure we didn't win again? Let it drive you.

Victory is in our blood. We are champions. We have the hearts of lions, and this week, we will show the world why we are the Undisputed Kings. We Will Dominate. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the best bowhunting team ever assembled. Not a shadow of a doubt.

Novemberis our field of dreams, boys. This is where legends are made . . . where talk meets action . . . where effortmeets opportunity . . . where sacrifice meets success. This is November, where our success is not measured in inches, but instead by our own selflessness and willingness to do what it takes and seal the deal. This is November. This is our time.

Together, we each wear the mark of the Dark Horse. We wear it loud. We wear it proud.

Now get out there and dominate. Dominate! No excuses!
Old 10-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Hello fellas, I haven't checked in lately. First of all congrats Dave and Fran, those are two nice bucks!

My vacation is here and I have been hunting hard. Things started out bad and have just gotten worse. The corn harvest is still slow. The corn is not dry enough and we got a 4" rain last week. The first day of my vacation I got a call and found out that the new place that I got to hunt was leased out for all hunting and trapping so now I am back to hunting our land only. With tonight I have 34 hours in the stand and have not seen a deer yet! I am not complaining, but I am getting a little frustrated.

I am going to hunt hard tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday on our land and then take a trip to hunt with a friend on Monday. He shot a decent buck last week and said that there is a small buck that he has seen with a crazy rack that I hope to see. It will not score very high but with the way this year is going, scoring lower is better than not scoring at all.

By the way, I need some more of your phone #'s to text. I only have Dan's #.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just stoop up and pounded my chest after reading that, with a twinkle in my eye!
Old 10-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great post Fran! Makes you damn proud to be a Dark Horse!!!

Daniel - keep at it buddy, it's just a matter of time. I'm starting to see some movement during the day - your time will come, just keep putting in your stand time! Corn is flying out of the fields up here.

It's just a matter of time until be got some more bone on the ground fellas.... We can't be denied!!! Check out this brute - he was checking out my mock scrape (notice my ladder stand in the background).... I was hopeful tonight. My uncles were combining the field right to the north of me (I was in a creek bottom to the south) - but didn't see him [:@] Maybe this weekend we'll 'meet up'....

Old 10-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran,killer inspirational speech there ole buddy, just wanted to drop in and tell you congrats on your PA buck and I hope you drill a stud in Ohio!

Looking good Dark Horses. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Troy
Old 10-31-2008, 03:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Troy. All the best, as always, in Idaho. Just a matter of time for you, I'd reckon. Hunting the big woods isn't easy. Time, effort, persistence... You know the game.

Jason - Good luck this weekend. Hopefully you can smash one in SD before heading to Iowa - then you can put yourself in cruise control and wait out a smasher....

Al - Drop the hammer on one this weekend. I've got a great feeling about you scoring . . . soon.

Daniel - keep your nose on the grindstone. Do what it takes to put yourself in some land that holds a few deer. Anything can happen this time of year.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

We are very fortunate to have such a great start!!!So let's not blow this guys- those of us without bucks for the contest need to step it up and get to work.

Granted we have one of the greatest starts in history, granted we are probably greatest archery team of random hunters slected EVER, some may even call us the 'dream team'- BUT - we still need to put in our time and close this out!

Time to get to work!! If you got time, you got time for the stand. All other chores, projects, etc.etc. can waita fewweeks. It's go time!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is me signing off til the 10th of November.. as I chase whitetails all across my home state. Feel free to text.. I'll have the phone with me.

Good luck everyone.. I hope to see a few bucks down when I get back.

First ever dynasty.. here we come.

Great speech Fran. Let's do this thing!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Whats up Guys?
I shot another nice 8 yesterday.My vacation has been a
good 1.My Arkansas 10pt horns are at the taxie so it
will be next week befour i get a score.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome work blue! Any guess on the score for that bad boy???

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.