Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 09-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

No hunting for me this weekend, my wife is going to Florida for a week and I will be home with the kids. We are expecting record highs here with today being 90 degrees.

Some of the corn is being harvested now so things will really speed up here in the next 30 to 45 days. I picked up another few acres to hunt that look really good.

Good luck this weekend!
Old 09-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just wanted to stop in and say good luck to everyone who is headed out this weekend.

Jason.. KILLER BRUTE on that video! I would LOVE to just have watched him!

Fran.. good luck with the interviews.. I keep telling my wife that's my awesomeness that won her over. Good luck if you get out to Ohio!

Danno.. dude.. I expect good things from you this next week as the temps in our area are about to bail out and get COLD! Good luck man!

Dbleye.. sorry you have to watch the kids.. but just make sure to remind her of that when your RUT kicks in.

Al.. enjoy your weekend.. if I'm correct.. you don't start for like another 2 weeks right? Get yourself shooting straight! Remember Therman Thomas!? God I remember those Bills sooo much.

I might get out Sunday night.. but I'll be super busy all weekend starting in just a few hours with the JZ wedding. And with my track record at these sort of events.. I'm usually not "up to the challenge" of just moving.. the next morning.

So it may be a rough go for myself.

Good luck fellas.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

3 Weeks actually Mike...[&:]...

And Heck yeah i remember Therman Thomas, he washandsdown my favorite player for a long time! Those were the good old days...

Good luck men!
Old 09-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dukie - have a blast at the wedding, bro. Every groosman/best man owes it to his groom to get totally wrecked at the reception. I would expect no less from you. You'll only have one chance to get good and smashed at Justin's wedding. Make it legendary. Just remember: If your wife doesn't give you the "childish behavior" lecture the next day, you probably didn't drink enough.

Danno - expect to hear from me tomorrow morning. I'll be hanging at 20' with bells-on.

Al - New York sucks. Come to Ohio and hunt with Dan and I.

Daniel - pay it forward. Do your daycare time now, that way when the rut comes, you can be kicked back in your treestand. Get burger king crowns for the kids. Tell them that their dad is a member of an elite bowhunting club.

I just got the call - got the job. Flex-time here I come! SWEET! Animals . . . say your prayers!

Old 09-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

When are you guys hunting Ohio Fran??
Old 09-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure yet, sometime later this season, whenever Dan gets a few free days. I'm out there every weekend. I'm gonna try to get a goodprice on a local motel. Lots of irons in the fire yet, but give me a couple weeks, and I'll guarantee that we will be on deer.

Early season is gonna be slow, b/c my normal hunting ground is scarce with acorns. Once the funnels start heating up, I've got lots of options. I may scout a new property tomorrow, hoping to find some huntable mast.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you guys are hunting late season i would be able to come down, pretty much stuck here until the semester is over...
Old 09-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok Gentlemen and our own Lawyer. Congrat's Fran. By the why I'll be in Ohio on the 15th. I went out friday and saw 1 buck, Saturday Morning lot's of fog. Saturday night my wife stoled the spot I was going to take so I decided to sit on the corn pile to get some footage. I had a fork out on it for 15 minutes then a spork behind him. It was getting vary dark when a doe came in so I decided to field test my luminocks. They work good, I saw it flying,then entering,and finally coming out the otherside. It took all of a split second. Then I listened for the crash which happened another 2 seconds after that.

Heres me checking out my arrow.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Al, anytime you get some free time, just give me a heads-up. Still gotta see how the "off day" situation works at the new job.

Saturday was a bust. It rained most of the day, and I got soaked. Afterward, I took a ride to some new areas, slogged around a bit. Saw some deer, found some new areas. Just the way I do things - never satisfied with the land I "know." The grass is always greener...

Today, I stayed local and scouted some PA land. Sweated my ass off and covered a lot of ground. Most of the land I toured today didn't really offer much in the line of bowhunting. Looks like some solid spring turkey ground though.

I get paid tomorrow, so my checking account will once again have enough dough to keep gas in the tank - and my efforts will start to amplify. I want to have a buck down within the next 3 weeks. I'm on a big one in Ohio, and plan on striking while the iron is hot.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice work on the doe Danno! I found you a cape, and its already in the works...

Fran, Im finishing up my last major job of the season, so work will be winding down to just small weekend jobs to keep the fuel burnin in the old chevy...

I only have classes on tuesday and thrusday, so i'll be hunting 5 days a week when the going is good, im having a great scouting year right now and am on 5 or 6 shooter bucks for sure, and a few more that might get shot if the day is right. I wanna stay on them all season, but if i tag out early, or the going gets rough I might hook up with ya down in Ohio, it should be a good time.

Less than 3 weeks now for me, good luck to all who are already hunting! (Everyone except me)

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.