Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 09-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

ORIGINAL: SouthDakotaHunter

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

Jason-sounds like your doin good things with the bow, whens your season start up again???
Al - My season opens Sept 27. However with the wife due Sept 28, this looks to be the first year ever that I won't be hunting on opening weekend?? But I should be able to pick the bow back up in October.... Who knows, maybe I'll be able to sneak in a couple of hours on opening weekend- just depends on how things are going...

May be one of those deals where from a 'political' standpoint, I have to give in a little bit for more slack later in the season....
Hey man nothing wrong with that. This bow hunting stuff is fun but the family must come first!

But on the other hand, what were you thinking 9 months before sept 27th?! Thats like rule number one! Never have kids planed during hunting season, let alone on opening day!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jason... Justgive this to your wife, she'll understand.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunting Release Form

Dear Jason's Wife:

Please let Jason go hunting. It is imperative that he goes hunting. The hopes
and dreams of millions depend on his success this season.

Yours Truly, Team 13

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that doesn't work, maybe we can all chip-in and buy you one of those pampoose backpacks, so you can take Jason Junior out there with you.

So I shot bow and went spotting last night. No video (never stopped back home to grab the camera). Saw some nice deer, but the big boy wasn't out at the new farm. I saw 2 other vehicles spotlighting in the area, so I can imagine what they were looking for.When I was out there on Saturday, the landowner told me that he's been seeing a lot of spotting traffic, 2-3 every night, double that on weekends. So, I'd say that the big buck is wise to those shenanigans already. Glad I started early and got to see him before he became light-shy. I'm sure he's still around, just staying out of the fields and being more reclusive.

Al: I mailed your broadheads yesterday. They should be there before the weekend. Don't sweat the postage, buddy - just "pay it forward" to the next guy.

Danno: Heading up to the camp this weekend?

Daniel: Been shooting the new bow?

Duke: Any action yet?
Old 09-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I am heading North for the weekend. I hope to leave at noon on Friday so I can get in the night hunt.

Jason I wish you and your wife best of luck in the baby venture. It's great to have a little 1. Dude you could have planned it a little better.I made sure I stayed away from my wife durning that period.

Al you ready to mount those antlers for me? Like I said if you need the practice I don't really care how it turns out. Just trying to help out the youth with there dreams.

My neighbor has been working out of town so he hasn't checked the cameras but i think those f'ing acorns are dropping.Everytime they start falling the deer just disappear. Theres a large Oak stand across the street and is covered in thick white pines makes it impossible to hunt. I might hang out right next to the road and see where they are crossing and get in there Sunday night.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Whats UP Guys!

I drove around my best area sunday for the first time this
year.And boy did i see ALOT of nice deer.I think the best
one would go 160 or so.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out my new toy!
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3043421
Old 09-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Al - that's a sweetass bow, buddy. I love the elites. Barnsdale limbs on there - top of the line bro. Is that the GT500 or the GTO? My Iron Mace and your Elite are really close in specs and components. You'll have great luck with it.

I bet you're like a kid in a candystore. LOL

BR - when does your season begin?

Speaking of bows and such - I have 2brand new (still in package) Golden Key TKO dropaway rests sitting here at the house. Do any of you guys want one of 'em? It retailed for around $70, but I bought a bunch of them on a going-out-of-business clearance for like $3-a-piece (mismarked price, so I emptied the rack). I think I bought 9. Gave all but 2 away.

So, I'm keeping one for myself for a rainy day (if I ever get sick of the Whisker Biscuit). The second one needs a home before it gets old and out-of-style.

If any of you boys wantit, just say the word.I don't want anything for it - just let me know how it works out for you after you get it mounted. Another dust collector in my archery box. LOL I've really gotta stop hording this stuff.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the release form! I'm sure it will do the trick

Don't get me wrong, I'll still make it out hunting opening week at some point. It just won't be to where I normally go on opening weekend (which is on the other side of the state)...

Great looking bow Al!

Good luck up north Dan!

BlueRanger - sounds like you are on some sweet deer!

Mike - hope you're working on earning that buck tag!!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fran, its the GTO. Your damn right im like a kid in a candy store LOL. I got home from college at10 and was up till 2 getting all my accessories on it and playin around. I love this thing! I took the sight off my old bow which had the pins set at 10-20-30 and without chaning the space between them they are 10-30-50, shes a smoker!

Danno-If ya still want those mounted, send em my way, i finally got the shop done so ive got some workin space and could take it on. Got a cape? If not thats no biggie i can scrounge one up. Good luck huntin!

Exactly one month till the ball drops here in NY, i should be all aquainted with the new bow by then, and surely ready to put some meat on the table!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well gentlemen, my final non-hunting weekend of 2008 is just around the corner. If time was moving any slower right now, the clocks would be spinning backwards.

I would've liked to have spent a day over the weekend glassing in Ohio, but there's just no time. I have rehearsal dinner tonight and wedding tomorrow. It's an overnighter, so I won't get home until Sunday. I'm leaving the door open for a Sunday scouting trip to scope out some new areas, but I'm probably going to bank up a little bit of wife time that afternoon. I might even be Husband-of-the-Year and do all of the housework. Score some Brownie points. You know.

You guys that aren't married yet . . . you'll soon come to learn that there's a distinct measure of politics that goes into keeping the woman mildly satisfied, and keeping your hunting dreams alive. I use the words "mildly satisfied" because, unlike men,they will never be "happy." It's just not in their genetic makeup.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the words "mildly satisfied" because, unlike men, they will never be "happy." It's just not in their genetic makeup.
True dat.

Sorry gents.. I've been real busy lately. Between the season opening.. Justins wedding.. work.. and getting rental peeps in.. its been non-stop.

Looks like your all getting ready for the season. Some good deer being seen.. some new equipment.. soon gents we'll be on the board.

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.