Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Community

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 09-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

To be in the stand Saturday 5:30 am
I am sooooo texting you Dan.

I'll be in mine as well.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just make sure it's on the 715 #

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

To be in the stand Saturday 5:30 am
I am sooooo texting you Dan.

I'll be in mine as well.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck hunting this weekend guys! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Fran - forgot to meantion, great video. That one buck is a real slammer!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

I'll be waiting to see how it goes for you guys. Looks like it is going to be in the high 80's to low 90's opening day so I think I am going to wait a week or so. Something about sweating to death and having to swat at mosquitos that doesn't sound like much fun.

One of my hunting partners found out a few months ago that his dad has a pretty aggressive cancer and he might not live much longer. His dad asked if we would take him out to shoot prairie dogs this year before fall/winter hits so I think we are going to do that instead.

Hopefully we'll get on the score board!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm calling the shot right now: Team DH will have a deer down by Monday. Either Duke will earn his buck tag, or Danno hammers one of the bucks on his property.

Daniel - pick yourself up a thermacell, and you won't have a mosquito come near you. I've gotta buy one too, b/c the areas I'll be hunting at the end of the month are in mosquito-infested swamplands.

I tried to sight in my Muzzy MX3's last night. Those fockers gave me fits. I shot 4 other heads and they all flew like darts and hit within 1-2" of my field points. My MX3's were tail-whipping arrows and planing all over the place. After a whole lot of cussing, I settled on Nitron 100gr. 3-blades that my buddy gave me last year. Really a nice-flying head.

I swear, this bow I have just hates Muzzy heads. I keep trying them, and it just keeps puking them all over the place. Every other head I shoot flies perfectly. Ugh.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've heard people having issues with the MX heads flying well.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fran I went through the broadhead crap last year. First were the 3 blade Rage, I still hate that head. Then I tried 3 blade muzzy with no consistancy ( I'm glad I didn't have to pay for those). The I shot the G5 and bam tight groups dead on. So I bought 3 packs. My neighbor shoots Muzzy's and swears by them so you just have to find a head that works for you.
For me it's bucks only this weekend.I got it worked out this morning that I can drive staight up after the funneral. So I should get up there about 4:00 so I'll have time to check the cameras and see what's up.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Daniel - pick yourself up a thermacell, and you won't have a mosquito come near you. I've gotta buy one too, b/c the areas I'll be hunting at the end of the month are in mosquito-infested swamplands.

I tried to sight in my Muzzy MX3's last night. Those fockers gave me fits. I shot 4 other heads and they all flew like darts and hit within 1-2" of my field points. My MX3's were tail-whipping arrows and planing all over the place. After a whole lot of cussing, I settled on Nitron 100gr. 3-blades that my buddy gave me last year. Really a nice-flying head.

I swear, this bow I have just hates Muzzy heads. I keep trying them, and it just keeps puking them all over the place. Every other head I shoot flies perfectly. Ugh.
-Does the thermacell give off any scent? I would rather wait than have it bust me.

-I had the same luck with muzzy heads, I can't get the things to fly very well. This morning I finally got to shoot the Slick Tricks that I bought and I love these things. 0-30 yards they group exactly with my field points. I think they even fly better than the mechanicals that I shot at turkeys last year.

-Maybe we can get two, 200 class bucks down this weekend . Good luck guys, and keep us posted.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

It gives off no scent and is the best product IMO for bug repelant. When it's hot out is a great time to get a buck in his summer pattern.

ORIGINAL: dbleyepatches

-Does the thermacell give off any scent? I would rather wait than have it bust me.

-I had the same luck with muzzy heads, I can't get the things to fly very well. This morning I finally got to shoot the Slick Tricks that I bought and I love these things. 0-30 yards they group exactly with my field points. I think they even fly better than the mechanicals that I shot at turkeys last year.

-Maybe we can get two, 200 class bucks down this weekend . Good luck guys, and keep us posted.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

It gives off no scent and is the best product IMO for bug repelant. When it's hot out is a great time to get a buck in his summer pattern.

ORIGINAL: dbleyepatches

+1 on the thermacell!

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.