Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 09-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

every deer i have hit (good) has gone down in a hurry, so if it aint broke, i figure i wont fix it.
I hear ya... Just wondering if there is anything more destructive on marginal hits?

Had a buddy that was shooting mechnicals and he said he hit a buck high and a little to far back. But from the moment the arrow hit the deer he said blood was gushing out of the entry hole.... Didn't make it 100 yards...

This mullet idea is interesting.... We could probably come up with a whole list of 'great' names.... To go along with Fran's potential name like - Mullet Monarchs
Old 09-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I kind of like Master of Mullet's Like Metallica
Old 09-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SouthDakotaHunter

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

every deer i have hit (good) has gone down in a hurry, so if it aint broke, i figure i wont fix it.
I hear ya... Just wondering if there is anything more destructive on marginal hits?
Ive heard a lot of good things about the rage broad heads, but last i knew they were still not legal in NY. Im not sure to be honest with you, but i dont wanna chance it.We have plenty of game wardens are here, and about 90% of them are pricks....
Old 09-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I made another video from some pictures. It's of kills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnpHWqHFITg
Old 09-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cant think of a more appropriate song than that Dan!! I like it!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking video Dan, some great animals!

Al - In SD, I believe the max cutting diameter allowed for broadheads (at least the last time I checked) was 1 7/8", so we can't use the Rage 2's - but can use the others.... But your right, not worth risking it and those Reg Muzzy's do a great job!!

Starting to really feel like fall, coming up fast!!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great video Danno. That one mount that you're standing next to is a monster. Very impressive.

Al, Jason - if either of you guys want these old heads of mine, just say the word. I'll mail 'em out to ya. I bet I have one or two dozen. Most of the blades are dull, some of the trocar tips are a tad rusty... But they'd be good for parts or re-use. They're just collecting dust in my hunting box. I've gotta start cleaning out this stuff.

This weekend was an interesting one. I was kinda in a great mood anyway, huge Penn State win, passing the ethics test and all... So, the wives were all out on Saturday night doing something for an upcoming wedding. How's that saying go:"while the cats are away, the mice will play?" Yeah.We started out at some little Irish pub,and what started out as draft beers and pool shooting somehow evolved into rounds of Jagerbombs andturning our cell phones off to hidefrom our wives. Eventually, we drank enough to convinceourselves that we needed to take the bachelor out to see some strippers. We all bucked up a few dollars to get the bachelor spanked, beaten and abused. Boobie earmuffs. The whole nine yards.

I fell in love with 2 or 3 exotic dancers, and then they took all ofmy money, but not before everybody had a chance toindulge in alittle motorboating action.

We all got in trouble with our women. Some of us are grounded. I played the innocent victim and escaped liability. "It was somebody else's idea."

Went spotting in a new area last night. Got some decent footage of a few good deer. One 130'ish 5x5.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Fran Congrats on passing the ethics test! Awesome job, I know those tests have to be difficult in the choose the "best answer" sort of way. Awesome achievement! Motorboat...Earned!

Old 09-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fran- you have to watch out when you are playing motorboat.Some of those fake boobies are hard as a rock and can leave marks.
That mount is my 2005 deer shot in the late season. I went up to get some logs to build my staircase and decided to do a little still hunting. I shot him in his bed and he ran and died on the highway.Somebody saw him in the ditch and was about to take him when I came out of the woods. To make a long story short I didn't get any pictures of him and he went staight to the taxi.He scored 144" with a 23.5 inside spread. I would like to nail 1 of his offspring this year.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Bam! Passed the bloodyEthics Test.

I may not wear clothes at any point this weekend. I'm feeling that good right now.

Ethics? The attorneys in Nebraska must not have to take any test like that because a few of the attorneys that I deal with on a regular basis have none!

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.