Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 09-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

I'll be hunting like a sum-bitch this year, im working like a mad man right now so i can afford to take some time off during season, of course i'll have school, but thats only two days a week, so the rest of the time i should be able to devote to strictly hunting.

Ive always got family asking me for venison (which must be a good sign) so im hoping to put one down early so i can help them all out. But obviously i'll put gettin my buck at the front of the line, its a long season.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow Dan, sounds like you have a heck of a gig there
Honestly, I’ve really been thinking over the last couple of years about how I can spend more time in the field…. Of course nothing is ever good enough… But my dream would be something like:
1 week antelope hunting
3 weeks of elk hunting
4 weeks deer hunting
So that’s a total of 2 months (8 weeks) of PURE hunting Not sure how I’ll ever be able to get to my goal (right now I’m sitting at 3 weeks of paid vacation a year)? Would even be happy to just take 2-3 weeks off unpaid – but where I’m at now, won’t let that happen as I suspect many jobs probably wouldn’t…. So as far as hunting ‘time’, kinda stuck where I’m at right now.
When I was down in Southern IA, one of the guys I met wanted me to give him my resume…. Said they were looking for a IT guy just like me…. I dunno if that would actually get me any closer to my hunting goal or not?? Would certainly be in Whitetail mecca – but would loose out on some of the other stuff….
Plus I don’t know how the wife would like me using the excuse of big deer to move…. [8D]Or wait a minute, I have an idea.... [&:]
Old 09-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doesnt look like you guys are going anywhere anytime soon....
Old 09-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love your avatar buckmaster.

It's flattering.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't see you doing anything for your team but flapping your jaw or should I say fingers.[:-]

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Doesnt look like you guys are going anywhere anytime soon....
Old 09-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jason it is a sweet gig durning season but it blows in Feb-April I work way to many hours in those months. I normally work 45 to 50 hrs a week but in those months I do 70 to 80 a week. It's a trade of. Plus when I'm up North I still have some computer access so I remote in to my office at night and take care of some things.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason - I think we're allin the same boat brother. I'm pretty sure that we have a pretty solid group of guys on this team who have to bend over backwards to "make" time where none really exists. But, if something ever happened, where desperation and opportunity actually met- there would be a LOT of animals in a whole LOT of trouble. LOL

Maybe it's just self-pity (b/c I'm always battling for hunting time) or whatever, but I have a whole lot of respect for guys like y'all - who really have to go the extra mile, just to find stand time, but you still produce nice deer, consistently. There's something to be said about that. Anyone with 40-50 days to sit in a treestand can fill a buck tag. It's a numbers game. But when you'relimited to nights/weekends and juggling work, school, family etc... There's something to be said about that. I raise my glass to all of you guys.

I made a new scouting video. Enjoy:
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3010845

Y'all will like the soundtrack.

I also got my arrows finished up last night.

The camera in my cell phone sucks.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fran some nice footage. I like the Greenday from your other vid. That song always reminds me of hunting season.
I went to sportsmans last night I had a few things on the shopping list. Thase guy's didn't have anything in stock. WTF you are an outdoors store that is all you do you should have at leat 1 of everything in stock.So I went somewhere I haven't been in years to buy my outdoors supplies WAL-MART. That place is Ghetto, there was some heffer walking around in he PJ's and slippers. At least they had what I was looking for. The only thing I need know is a climbing stand.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fran, great video - actually made my palms sweat a little - boy I can tell the season is getting close [8D]

Great looking arrow wraps too! Been wanting to put some wraps on my arrows, just haven't got it done yet....
Old 09-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice look arras there Fran. Sweet footage too.

Dan- i live about an hour away from any serious outdoor stores, so every now and then i gotta break down and get stuff from the local wal-mart. It sickens me too.

6 weeks and 2 days till hunting season......i dont know if i can wait that long!

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.