Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Community

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Old 08-27-2008, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread (Returning Champs) The Dark Horses.

Bighorn Sheep Got to love the look. This guy was about 25 yards out. I wish I had my bow.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is the only Moose we saw. Big 1 for the area.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

1 of the many deer we saw. Thats it for know I have to get back to work.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Dan! Wow! It looks like you had an awesome trip! Great pictures! I'm truly jealous.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Just checking in to see if I am still invited onto this team? Real name is Daniel Parker and I live in south-central Nebraska. I am a law-enforcement officer right where the plains meet the sandhills (if that means anything to any of you). I have been hunting with a bow for a few years but have yet to shoot a decent buck.I bought a new bow this year (82nd Airbourne) and aquired some new land so things are going to be different! I look forward to meeting you guys.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome pics Danny! Looks like you had a great trip! Love that bighorn picture... I'm a little jealous too.[:@]
You wuss. You should've swam with the Grizzlies. By the way, you have trail cams to check, so hustle-up and report back immediately with big buck pictures. [:-]

Daniel - welcome aboard. Sounds like you're outfitted with a new bow, have a ton of land at your disposal... Now all you've gotta do is fill that buck tag, buddy. Any buck will do. Like I always say: Size doesn't matter.

We're really fortunate to have a great bunch of guys on this team. Great hunters, but more importantly - great people. Here's last year's scorecard - you can go through it. We're all in there. Our 2007 season was the best showing by a team in the history of this contest. We will beat it this year. Dukemichaels and 16point took down a couplereal banger bucks last year.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2248489

Introductions: My name's Fran, 28, married, no kids that I know about.When it comes to hunting,I talk a big game, but shoot small deer with alarming consistency. Hoping to be a practicing Pennsylvania attorney sometime here in the next couple months. I enjoylong walks in the woods and parading around with dead animals in the trunk. Two-time Huntingnet bowhunting contest champion of the world. (This year will make it three). My favorite colors are camo and Penn State blue. I've lost the powerball 56 times in a row.

Also, if you're part of this team, you're gonna need to wear the crown. Wear it loud. Wear it proud. Dominate the competition.

Nice looking pup, by the way.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, those are some awesome pics! WOW - those animals are close!!!!

Daniel, welcome aboard. Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to this year - new bow and land to hunt and not to mention getting placed on the defending world champs team!!!

My name is Jason. I'm 30 and live just one state north of you in South Dakota - but will hunt just about anywhere I can get a tag. I enjoy watching football and all you can eat buffets. Married and we are expecting our first child within the next month or so.That will affect my hunting a bit this year (but not to much - at least that's what I think)... I enjoy doing most anything outdoors, but bowhuntinghas really become my passion.My highlight this year is my trip to Iowa in Nov. Even with the new kid on the way, some how talked the wife into letting me head down there for 8 or 9 days and do some serious bowhunting...Like Fran said, the key to this thing is getting as many people to score as possible.... Looking forward to getting to know you....

Feel like I just got done writing apersonals add or something....
Old 08-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard Daniel! My name is Dan I live in Wisconsin and own my little chunk of land that I hunt on.Last year wasn't such a good year as far as points go for me but I hope to redeem myself this year.Don't be bashfull around here speak your mind and shoot a huge buck and all will be good.

ORIGINAL: dbleyepatches

Just checking in to see if I am still invited onto this team? Real name is Daniel Parker and I live in south-central Nebraska. I am a law-enforcement officer right where the plains meet the sandhills (if that means anything to any of you). I have been hunting with a bow for a few years but have yet to shoot a decent buck.I bought a new bow this year (82nd Airbourne) and aquired some new land so things are going to be different! I look forward to meeting you guys.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

Daniel, it's a pleasure to have you on the team. My name is Marty, I live in Southern Middle Tennessee near the Alabama State line. I own 14 acres, and have permission to hunt on another 400 acres most of it located adjacent to my property. I think I bagged the smallest buck for any HNI contest ever last year, but as far as I'm concerned he was my favorite. I fooled him, and killed him with a freakin STICK! I don't care how small the deer is, that is full of WIN!

Old 08-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics Dan. And ya that's a bruiser moose anywhere just about!

Welcome to the team Dan II... or dbleypatches. Glad to have you. Just talk it up a little with us and we'll welcome you with open arms.. arms more open after you stand over a deer.

My name is Mike.. I'm an aquarius with 2 things always on my mind.. my wife and the bedroom.. and whitetail deer. I love just about any sport.. big baseball fan who despises the American league. I cheer for the Philadelphia Eagles.. cause I love defense. I like apple pie.. the f-150.. a crappy horror flick.. philosophy.. a cold beer.. bbq's.. and live and die by the Chicago Cubbies.

I'd tell you more.. but you get the idea. Welcome again.

Quick Reply: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.