Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7) >

Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)

Community

Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)

Old 10-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 7 Hangout

I was out this morning and had a nice 6 point (for this area)within 10 FEET of my ground blind. Unfortunately, it was still about 20 minutes until legal hunting time. He was so close I could hear him breathing. He came next to the blind and stopped. He started looking around and sniffing. Then he stomped twice and walked off to the woods. No blowing. No tail up. I thought for sure he would wind me because I was on the ground and he was so stinkin' close (and I don't use any of those fancy sprays).
Old 10-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

ya, i almost never try to stop a deer to shoot it. the more mature, the more likely he will bolt in my experience, especially in highly pressured areas. a great way to practice moving shots is to use an old basketball and have someone roll it by you and shoot at it. a hillside works best
Old 10-26-2008, 11:12 AM

way to go cj!! congrats on a great buck!!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:31 PM

thanks guys, my deer is in the cooler about 45 min. north of me and I have not got a call yet to pick him up, so no
score. Next time I go away I will take a tape with. Hopefully it is not a problem to get my score in a couple days.
maybe I will pm Rob and find out.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the buck CJ. I took a little button last night. Now that there's some meat in the freezer I can concentrate on the big boys. This week we are going to have some cold weather, that will probably get them on their feet looking for love and a fight. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but here in Western NY, it is a no-go day. It is rainy, windy and cold. I am all for the cold, but the rest, I could do without. It looks like we could get our first snow today or tomorrow. That is a good sign. I have seen deer every sit except one (and that was a nice sunny afternoon with a clear moonlit nightcoming after). Lots of season left. Good luck to all!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

Gundeck...I gave up on Saturday after sitting in it until noon. Even with rain gear and a tree unbrella I was soaked to the bone because it was raining sidewaysin Gainesville....plus the winds...it sucked! I'll be out later Saturday, Sunday plusI have Monday off...I'm hoping for better weather!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

CJ, any chance we will get a score on that bruiser soon?
Old 11-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, I hit a hog tonite. Got good blood, decided to back out after trailing about 200 yrds. I think he has 14 pts and should go around 170" I'm going back in the morning to look again. Sure hopes he lays down and expires. I'll update tomorrow, hopefully I can get some sleep tonite, been sick all week!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:12 AM

wow sounds like one heck of a bruiser pj!!!!!! I hope you in fact find him, so we can see some pictures!!!! good luck

Quick Reply: Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.