Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7) >

Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)

Community

Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)

Old 10-18-2008, 06:33 PM

Default RE: Official Team 7 Hangout

congrats on the elk wykoffwonder
Old 10-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats all on your successes so far. It sounds like it will be a great season over all. NOW, let's get some buck!! SEASON IS NOW OPEN IN NY!!! WOOHOO!!! Got back from the VFW conference late Sat night and was in the blind early Sun morning. I saw two button buck (or gender-challenged doe) smacking heads about a half hour after sunrise. Had a nice doe come by around 10 AM, but didn't present a good shot. Nonetheless, I did see deer and have high hopes for the season! Good luck all.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:53 PM

Flung one at a very nice 10 pointer this weekend and half way there it hit a limb and went left and hit him right in
the butt[:@] he limped off. I could see the arrow and it only went in about 4 inches tracked it about 40 yards and blood
stopped. So I can only hope it will be OK. He was about a 130 and I am so Glade it hit him there and not somewhere
worse[&:]. He was only 25 yards and not sure what happened, lets just say that tree got cut down and thrown into
the next county! Going back down for the 1st week of November so the area I say him will have 2 weeks to sit.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:11 PM

shot a nice 8 point the next day after I missed the 10 point have not had a chance to score him yet. Will have story in post. But wonted to let you guys know we scored one he will go maybe 110-115. Not the biggest in the woods
but I am happy.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:49 AM
Typical Buck

WOW...we are finally on the board...CONGRATS ON THE NICE BUCK!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, CJ!!! Finally, we get on the board. Thanks for starting things off. I was going to take the morning off work, but it is too stinkin' windy here today.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats CJ

Anything with a bow is a trophy! Thanks for getting us on the board now its time for me.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go CJ! Its good to be on the board. I'm still trying to close in on one of the giants I've been seeing on the public ground. I saw another stud sat. morning. (of course iwas still in my truck about 150 yrds from where i park) He has at least 15 pts. Split g-2's and stickers to boot. should go close to 180! I think I've located their bedding area, its on a long finger sticking out into the lake. am looking forward to trying to slip in there sat. morning. Hope I'm not messing up holding out for one of them. I 've found myself purposely avoiding the areas around my house where I know I could kill a 140-150. Also , I had some decoyy action a couple nights ago 2 bucks came right to it
Old 10-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job CJ, glad to hear you got one after the bad luck with the 10 pt.

Guys, I was close this past Sunday morning. 8:00 came around and I finally seen 2 of the 3 bucks I got pictures of (posted those pictures earlier in here) from early August. One stepped out into the field then 10 steps behind him came the other one. It was the big 8 point leading the way and he gave me a quick look then a few minutes later passed by at 15 yds. With his head down and walking slow I drew back, settled in, then gave a grunt to stop him....ahhh both took off. I couldn't believe it. I needed 2 seconds. He went from a slow walk to a trot just like that, never even stopped or looked. The deer has always stopped long enough to let an arrow fly but not this one. Dang it! To be honest I'm just glad to finally see them again. Next time I guess.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Spike

CONGRATS! Glad we're on the board, I still have to wait about a month til my 2nd season opens up. Good luck all.

Quick Reply: Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.