Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23) >

Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Community

Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Old 12-03-2008, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Troy you need to quit showing everybody that Idaho has some monster Whitetails! Shhh.. It's a secret!
Old 12-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey guys, it's cold here in wisconsin and the rifle season sure sucked. I am waiting for the woods to calm down a while and then I will try late season a couple of times. there was 3 really big bucks seen during the rifle season in my area, and non where shot. kind of excited to freeze my buns off.

Congradulations of those fine animals guys.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I hope everyones December is going well and with Christmas coming I hope all things are lining up well for everyone. I just wanted to give you guys a quick update on my mother and again thanks for your thoughts/prayers etc. My moms sugery went really well, according to her surgeon itwentas well as it could. Then the pathology report came back yesterday at her post/op and it was very very promising.. Mom was in stage 3 of her breast cancer when she found outand after chemo and the surgery, they found only 2 milimeters of cancer in one breast down from 3 centimeters, only one lymph node (which they had found 3 months ago) total out of 17 extracted and 0 in the other breast. She had the double mastectomy. The doctors say she is in very good shape going into the 6 weeks of radiation after she heals from this surgery. She is living with us now and in very good spirits. Thanks again.

On a hunting note, I am into my late archery season now with a couple of really nice bucks I am hunting. I am finally going to get some winter weather as it has unseasonably warm her during the rut and many good bucks made it due to a lack luster rifle harvest...the temps are suppose to drop to the teens this weekend and we are suppose to get 8-12 inches of snow, this is exactly what I was hoping for, feeding deer and snow to track and back track in until Xmas..

I will be hard after it until I head to ND in late Dec. Good luck to everyone thats still hunting. With a nice ND hunt as my ace in the hole for a good buck I am pretty hell bent on trying to kill a old bruiserhere in Idaho and I will hold out till the end. I know I may not be the best "contest" mate for just getting a buck down...but I hunt these old bucks for personal reasons;whether I eat my tag or not I will be on a mountain somewhere pretty much trying to catch a big boy leavin his sanctuary in the p.m.to eat or coming back in the a.m. The snow will really help me in my efforts.

Take care guys and again Merry Christmas..

Troy
Old 12-11-2008, 06:19 AM
Dominant Buck

I know I may not be the best "contest" mate for just getting a buck down...but I hunt these old bucks for personal reasons;
Big time respect.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I know I may not be the best "contest" mate for just getting a buck down...but I hunt these old bucks for personal reasons;
Big time respect.
I am with you! Troy, I will be your team mate any day!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: shed33

I know I may not be the best "contest" mate for just getting a buck down...but I hunt these old bucks for personal reasons;whether I eat my tag or not I will be on a mountain somewhere pretty much trying to catch a big boy leavin his sanctuary in the p.m.to eat or coming back in the a.m. The snow will really help me in my efforts.
Troy...there is no other "contest" mate I would rather have than you. I too have been lookin for a buck that will make me happy and it hasn't happend yet this year. I don'tget a buck every year and I won't lower my standards for a contest. Gook luck!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Coot, Jeff and Mulie, thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. I want to make sure I was not in any way diminishing the efforts and or any bucks anyone else has killed. I know Greg hunts a lot like I do in that he waits for the kind of buck hes interested in to come by or he lets them walk and Coot it sounds like you and I are in the same boat this season with our bows. I also mean it when I say shoot what makes you happy. Take my spike bull elk for example, I couldnt have been happier because that animal fills the "Pottenger freezer". As for whitetail bucks, since I do have the fortune to kill elk for the freezer, I get to be really picky and I so enjoy the challenge of getting an old one down every year.

Coot good luck the rest of your season...how much time do you have left? I have till Christmas before I head to ND. I will say this I may not be as picky this late archery season as it dwindles.. and if I when I am hunting with my traditional bow, I would like to break it in, heck maybe even on a doe!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Troy...I will be doing a little more hunting in MN until the season closes at the end of December. This has been the slowest season I have every experienced as far as buck sightings. But there is still a little time left so who knows might happen? Generally im looking for a 125+ buck and there are some around here that are much bigger than that...I just haven't had any luck this year seeing them from my stands.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cooter144

Troy...I will be doing a little more hunting in MN until the season closes at the end of December. This has been the slowest season I have every experienced as far as buck sightings. But there is still a little time left so who knows might happen? Generally im looking for a 125+ buck and there are some around here that are much bigger than that...I just haven't had any luck this year seeing them from my stands.
Coot, well I am pulling for you bud, I would love to see you tag out. I've got faith this teams gonna get one or two more down before its all over.. 3 would be awesome.. that would put us at 80%.... pretty dang sweet for random guys picked from all over the country.. even where we are now as a team is very respectable.. the guys that have already scored for the Deacs! Congrats again.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Site Buck Guru

What are you guys talking about? I shot that buck purely so I didn't let my teammates down! Time was running out! [8D]

Quick Reply: Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.