Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23) >

Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Community

Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Old 10-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

my spiker

Old 10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

A big congrats to you and your wife Troy.

Well guys, please don't be mad at me but I already tagged my contest buck and added some points to the board. I say don't be mad 'cause it only scored 67 1/8. However, this buck has a very special meaning to me that's worth more than any score or contest bragging rights. Read more here:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3137305

btw- no way in heck am I done. I still have 2 buck tags and the rut plus rest of the season to fill them. I will be hitting the private land I have access to in a week. Hopefully the big boys haven't gotten run over by semi-trucks since last year.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Hoytail! Don't matter one the size as long as your happy, I'm happy for ya!

I was out tonite, the 67 degree heat today put deer movement to 0 though. I was out of my stand after dark and didn't get 100 yards away from my stand and I could hear the scrape getting tore to crap thats about 6 yards from my stand. If I woulda been in my stand I couldn't have seen anything anyway, but it woulda been cool to have been there, and I think I could have made the 6 yard shot in the dark....haha

Old 10-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hoyt, way to go man, I read the story over in bowhunting, great work and congrats again man! Every buck counts on this score card!

I have a feeling aseveral moreDeacons will be punching holes in whitetail bucks real soon!
Old 10-31-2008, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

[quote]ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

Well guys, please don't be mad at me but I already tagged my contest buck and added some points to the board. I say don't be mad 'cause it only scored 67 1/8. However, this buck has a very special meaning to me that's worth more than any score or contest bragging rights. Read more here:

Great job Hoyt! I don't think any of us could be mad at you for shooting a great buck! Congratulations and great story. It's not about the destination, its about the journey.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the deer Hoytail.

I will be bowhunting the next7 days so hopefully I can also knock one down soon.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

As long as you earned it that is all that counts! Better than a poke in the eye
Old 11-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys, just checkin in. been workin alot here lately so sorry for not posting. finally got to go huntin this past weekend, but with no luck. saw a couple little ones thats about it, but next thurs. im on my way back and get to hunt more than 1 day. will let u guys how it turns out. good luck everybody.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I plan on sitting all weekend. I have seen a few bucks chasen does around. Maybe I'll get lucky!
Old 11-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellas,
Nothing to shoot in the woods for me yet. I saw 6 bucks yesterday morning and 2 this morning. they are all chasing really heavy now and it is just a matter of time. Good luck and lets get some bucks on the board.

Quick Reply: Official Team Deacons of Death Thread (23)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.