Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18) >

Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Community

Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Old 11-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Congrats GrayDawg!!!

Sorry I havent posted much team, I've been tryin to get a score but It just aint been workin for me!! The small bucks have been runnin hard, so hopefully I'll see the big ones this week. With work and huntin and of course the "Honey Do" list I stay wore out. I hope you guys are havin better luck then me!
Old 11-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Where is everyone?? Not throwin in the towel yet I hope.............. The main rut has pretty much tapered off in my neck of the woods and there isnt much action. But I am still hopeful forthe late season. I plan on maybe doin alittle rifle hunting tommorrow, then pull the bow back out on Monday since my "honey Hole" is in a bow only county.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Larry,
I'm still here- I check in every day, but the rest of the teams seems to:

- have lost interest
- haven't shot any bucks they want to enter
- gone MIA in the deer woods

Our season is closed right now here in MA. We open up again on 12/1. I've dropped the string on 4 deer so far this season (one buck, 3 does) and none of them have made it further than 75 yards and all of them have been recovered.

I've done my part for this team, I took a half decent eight and have entered him on our team's behalf. Now I'd like for everyone else to carry their share of the load and keep us in contention. I hope you all enjoy the rest of the season & get out as much as you can.

'Dawg
Old 12-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The hounds have hit the woods here. I have hit the river once... shot a lot of shells... and by the grace of god actually shot some ducks (limited out twice).

Have not seen a deer while carrying the bow in the last three weeks.

Took the girlfriend on a gun hunt... and she shot her very first deer!

Still holding on to the bow though... staying strong... it ain't lookin' good... but who knows?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

I can't believe it's been so long since I checked in, but I've been hunting nearly non-stop since the first of November and haven't been online much. So far my hunting season has been miserable (with one exception). I bowhunt exclusively in one of the bow-only counties in WV on a trophy-only hunting lease. I'm getting a lot of nice bucks on camera, but unfortunately that is not translating to daytime sightings. The biggest buck I've seen thus far while bowhunting is a 2 1/2 year old tall-racked buck I call "Hightower" that will score in the 110 range. He's just too young and not big enough. He needs at least 2 more years.

A buddy of mine did take a nice 130-class 10 pointer (a buck I called "No-brow") the only day he hunted out of my stand. Bummer. Its one of the bucks I was targeting, but that is the way it goes. I am happy for him. I still got the rest of this month to try to close the deal on one of the bigger bucks that I am seeing.

The good news (although not for this team) is that I took a nice 10 pointer while hunting the gun season in Ohio this past weekend that scored 144.5. That's been the only bright spot this hunting season. Here's a pic:

Old 12-09-2008, 09:09 PM

Congratulations GrayDawg on your buck. Sorry I haven't been on lately been very busy with family, hunting and work. Our season doesn't end here until the begining of January so I will still be out looking for the big boy. Good luck to everyone that is still at it.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry Guys, but that does it for my season!!! This is the first season in a while that I have gone deerless!! I feel as if I have let the team down as well as my family's freezer!! I just dont understand............I had SOOOOOOOOOOOO Many P&Y bucks on camera during daylight, then I only saw a few while on stand and none of which gave me a decent shot. Sorry guys!!!
Maybe If I happen to get on the same team with some of you guys next year I will be able to produce! I feel privaledged to have been captian of such an incredible group of guys! Good luck in life and future seasons to all of you!! Feel free to E-mail me at any time!
Old 01-15-2009, 03:38 PM

My season is also done. It was a good year with lots of opportunities at bucks but none that met my requirements. It has been fun.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm done now, too... put more days on stand this year than any other, but just didn't see one that turned my crank and met my standards for this year.

Put a lot of meat in the freezer with eight does, but not much help to the teammates this year. Good luck next season guys!