Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18) >

Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Community

Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Old 10-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Sorry I haven't checked in much... I've been hunting pretty hard.

I had an easy 160-class buck 22 yards away broadside a few nights ago, but I just couldn't see my pins... [:@]I needed him to be standing there two minutes earlier.

I won't be checking in much over the next three weeks, as I've got a column due Nov. 1 for the magazine I write for (I'm the back-page columnist for Inside Archery), and Matt / PA arrives here Monday to hunt with me for three weeks and we'll be going at it HARD...

So... rest assured that though I haven't popped in here much, I'm doing my dangdest to add some good inches to our total!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:37 PM

Yesterday morning saw two 1 1/2 yr olds out looking and that evening saw five baldies. It is going to be in the 40's this next week so hopefully the big boys will get up and moving during the day.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

where u guys at? hope u r out hunting trying to add to our score :-)
Old 10-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

How is everyones hunting going?? I've been hard at it between hunting and work but I still atleast check our thread almost daily. Still no score, but I've been seeing deer. Theres been no bruisers on hoof during daylight yet that I've seen. The rubs are starting to show so maybe the next week or 2 will be good.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:31 AM

i shot a decent 8 point, ill post pics when i get the memory card i havent scored him yet should be around 110.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

CONGRATS Kevster!! That should bump our score right up! If All of us score on bucks like the ones our team has so far we should do well!!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:02 PM

sorry to say but i did not get a picture with the bow in it. so my score will not count. it completly sliped my mind to get the bow in the pictures.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I lost my job about a month ago. I was fortunate enough to find work within a few days, buts its 12 hours a day, five days a week. I've gotten to hunt a little bit, but then last week my girlfriend got laid off as well. She was out of work a week, and she starts a new job on Monday, but both of us have effectively taken big pay cuts. Sole bread winner on $10/hr is pretty hard to manage in this part of the world. Can't believe I went to college for this crap. None of the magazine's I've been sending article's to are biting either, which is nice side pocket money when they bite on a decent one.

I've let a lot of small deer go. One buck might of pushed the book gross... but he was 2.5 yo that needed another year. I just cannot bring myself to shoot a healthy buck with a lot of potential just when he is fixing to get big. If he stays off the highway and away from the a-holes with buckshot and walkers he'll be shooter next year. Although, as I found out later that night, he has already been missed TWICE with a bow this year.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow! Sounds like some hard times for our teammates.... VERY sorry to hear about your situation, Swamp -- I know it sucks. Hope things look up quick for you.

I haven't been around because I've literally been hunting every single day for almost three weeks with about four or five hours of sleep each night... I helped "guide" a good friend who's visiting to a nice buck a couple nights ago out of one of my best stands, and we took a break last night and this morning... getting ready to shower, dress and hit the road again to get back after it.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Here's a buck I took last week in Nebraska.
A 29 yard shot in 30mph crosswinds..........

Quick Reply: Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.