Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18) >

Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Old 09-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 18 thread

Next week and it'll be time to get serious!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 18 thread

went out tonight to do a little treestand tweaking and to pull trail cam card. When we got back to my brother in laws house we looked up in the hayfield right behind the house(we were down in the woods along the other hayfield) there were 5 deer there. I grabbed the binos and it was 3 bucks and two does. The bucks were all aboutthe same sizerack wise, but that one was much bigger in the body and you could tell he was in charge. They were running theone doe around and the smaller ofthe bucks must have been an agitator because he kept going up to the bigger one ad getting into him with the antlers and pushing around till the bigger one would finally give him a good shove or two.

I am sure there are bigger in the area so it could be interesting come rut as to what a little rattling may bring.

One week from tomorrow and back in the tree :-)
Old 10-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

couple more hours and game on here in PA
Old 10-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

Hey gang how is everyone?? We still have to wait till the 18th before game time here in WV, but I did find a new spot that I plan on hunting the first week. I hung a camera in there a week and a half ago then went back today and ended up hangin a last minute stand in there because I liked what I saw. It is in the middle of some of the only good acorns I have found.

Here are a couple of the pics I got. A sow with her comes came in and tottally shifted my camera, so I didnt exactly get the area I was aiming for, but a couple of decent bucks did show up anyway. The "half moon" effect is because the camera was inside a steel bear box and apparently when the bears were playin with it the camera got moved around inside the box causing the lens to not line up with the hole correctly.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm starting to hit it pretty hard now... was out two of the three last nights (results of first night here @ http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3079920). I'll be home with the family tonight, and then I'm taking my 5-year-old out in the ground blind with me tomorrow night if it's not raining cats and dogs after another doe on that same farm... but you never know what'll walk by in the corn fields of Illinois.

The big boys should be about a month out from getting on their feet more in the daytime.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:10 AM

Hey guys,
I need some help here. I harvested a small buck Oct. 1st and want to make sure the score on him is accurate. I have never scored a buck before. I only had 3 days to hunt this year so I had to harvest whatever I could manage a shot on.
I need help putting the picture on a message to post so you guys can tell me if my score (59 7/8") is accurate.
When I attach the pic to the body of my message I lose all my options and the message box disappears.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Ray
Old 10-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ray,

First of all... congratulations on your buck!!!

Now... Next, you'll want to have your pic hosted at a site like www.photobucket.com (it's free to sign up and upload your picture there...) Once you upload it to photobucket, you'll want to copy the URL it assigns to it, come back here and when you hit the "reply" button, you'll see a bunch of icons right above the box you type in... Look all the way down to the right and you'll see an icon that's a yellow square with a mountain in it. Hover over it, and it'll read "add image". Click on that, and paste the URL you just copied in there, removing the [IMG] tags from the front and rear (because it adds those automatically).
Old 10-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Ray!! I sent you my e-mail address and I will be more then happy to post the pics for you when I get home from work.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:58 PM

Greg and squireboy,
Thanks for the help. I'll do both. Squireboy, I'll send you the pic and Greg, I'll open an account at photobucket.
Thanks for the help and I'm anxious to see if the score I have is accurate.

Ray
Old 10-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Ray, I recieved the email with the pic and if you havent already got it posted by the time I get home from work I'll do it for you. I wont be at home till about 2am est.

Congrats once again for being the first on the team to score!! I cant even go huntin till oct. 18th!!

Quick Reply: Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.