Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18) >

Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Community

Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Old 09-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 18 thread

Greg-- Welcome back!! How was Colorado??
Even tho I am just not seeing the big buck activity that I normally do, I am still stoked!! Besides, the proof is in the puddin and I cant eat a photo. I just cant wait to get in a treestand!!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Colorado is still fantastic... It was my second straight trip, and my next-door neighbor's 36th straight. If you ever go, you'll see why.

I wasn't fortunate enough to connect, as something was JUST awry on several opportunities. It's probably the closest I could imagine coming to hunting as hard as I did and not bringing one back home with me.

It was great physical conditioning (now I've just got to keep it up!), and a great mental break... now it's time to concentrate on the whitetails.

Here's a little pic of where I got to live for the last week anda half... elevation 9,100 ft.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

Thats just a pure 100% amazing view. I only hope that one day I will be able to go on an elk hunt in Colorado!! Its been one of my dreams for years, but I just cant ever seem to get the money together. I dont even care as much as if I bag an elk or not (altho it would be cool). I just want the experience.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:15 AM

Season opens Saturday...can't wait! We have been shining some pretty nice bucks lately so it looks hopeful anyway. Some are even still in full velvet which would be awesome to be able to harvest one of them.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Guys,
Sorry I haven't been around lately- work has been a grind.
I love the Team Banner, looks GREAT !!

Good luck to those of you whose seasons are already open or open soon.
I'll be waiting until Oct. 13th before I can drop the string.

Rob
Old 09-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Back at it now driving around my territory visiting hospitals... the cooler weather has lots of deer up on their feet mid-morning today! Won'tbe much longer!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:53 PM

Well team today is opening day in Wisconsin. It has been lightly raining all day is is still drizzling but I am planning to head out for an evening hunt. I will check in tonight when I get home to let you know what I saw.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Fork Horn

Have'nt checked in in a few days team, But I am here and still very much lookin forward to the season!!
Old 09-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Fork Horn

wibowhntr--- whats the verdict??
Old 09-14-2008, 02:32 AM

Babysitter fell through so I didn't get out[:@] I am checking the weather right now and am getting ready to head out. I have about a half hour drive to my uncles and then probably about a half to an hour hike to my stand depending on how many weird noises I hear. My uncle had a bunch of clear-cutting done about four years ago so all around the trail it is really thick and my stand is on the back side of the property. This year there has been a sow(bear) with two little cubs hanging around plus we have timber wolves so I hate going in when it is dark but I want to be in my stand about an hour before legal hunting time so I just deal with the fear. I will check in later this afternoon.

Quick Reply: Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.