Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18) >

Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Community

Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Old 08-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 18 thread

I don't care what we pick for a name- so long as we pick one...............
Once we have a name, we can get to work on a team banner that we can use in all of our signatures,
it's a nice touch!

Whatever name you all want is good with me.

rob
Old 08-28-2008, 01:04 AM
Fork Horn

NE Owl---As long as the majority was ok with it I would be captian

As far as team name, so far 3 of us like "The Pass Thru Crew". I think if no one has anything else or any objections by Friday we should stick with it so we can get this ball rolling. Anyone object to that??

Old 08-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GrayDawg

To be completely honest- I'm not getting the warm-fuzzies regarding the level of dedication/commitment from this group. I've tried to get things going with respect to a team name and in the last 2 days- not one other team member has offered up any alternative names to the one I suggested & only one other team member has replied at all!

My teams in the ArcheryTalk & Mathews Forums had about 50 posts each in the first 2 days after the teams were created. Frankly, I've seen more excitement in a fart on a log.

OK- now that I got that off my chest, how about these names:

Dead Deer Walking
Pass Thru Crew
Death From Above
Antler Assasins

Any comments on any of the five names I've suggested to date???
Come on guys- the season is upon us for some guys in certain states,
why did you sign up if you weren't going to be active?

Rob

Because I am on a four day business trip, working 12 hour days with no break and no lunch.

I have to work when the season is out so I can hunt when it comes in. I don't have the luxury of sitting on my duff looking at a computer screen all day. Somebody has to get up and drive the mule.

Season doesn't come in until October in VA. I actually have an invite to go shoot deer out of a duck impoundment (they are eating the corn to pieces) down in NC where the bow season opens Sept 5. So I might get to hunt early this year.

Frankly I don't care if we just call ourselves Team 18.... I'm not going to lose sleep over a name... the contest isn't about the name. But lets try not to act like a bunch of 18 year olds flipping out when a girl doesn't call us the day after a date.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

To be completely honest- I'm not getting the warm-fuzzies regarding the level of dedication/commitment from this group. I've tried to get things going with respect to a team name and in the last 2 days- not one other team member has offered up any alternative names to the one I suggested & only one other team member has replied at all!

My teams in the ArcheryTalk & Mathews Forums had about 50 posts each in the first 2 days after the teams were created. Frankly, I've seen more excitement in a fart on a log.

Dead Deer Walking
Pass Thru Crew
Death From Above
Antler Assasins

Rob

Because I am on a four day business trip, working 12 hour days with no break and no lunch.

I have to work when the season is out so I can hunt when it comes in. I don't have the luxury of sitting on my duff looking at a computer screen all day. Somebody has to get up and drive the mule.

Season doesn't come in until October in VA. I actually have an invite to go shoot deer out of a duck impoundment (they are eating the corn to pieces) down in NC where the bow season opens Sept 5. So I might get to hunt early this year.

Frankly I don't care if we just call ourselves Team 18.... I'm not going to lose sleep over a name... the contest isn't about the name. But lets try not to act like a bunch of 18 year olds flipping out when a girl doesn't call us the day after a date.
Nobody was flipping out. I very calmly expressed my concern of what I perceived to be a lack of interest on the part of some of our team members. I was calm then- I'm calm now. No flipping out, just trying to get the ball rolling and get folks "off their duff" with respect to participating on this team.

To me, calling ourselves "Team 18" would be the height of unimagitiveness- and extremely lame. And for the record, I'm very calm as I type this. Heart rate 32 BPM, Blood pressure 130 over 80.

Pass Thru Crew is fine with me...........

Rob
Old 08-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Pass Thru Crew, goin once, goin twice.......Anybody???

If everyone is cool with it, tommorrow thats what we will be. We are one of the very few teams without a name so it really needs to be outta the way. Then we can forget about "politics" and just HUNT. Thats what its all about anyway!!

On that note, anyone spot any new bucks lately?? I hope to check my cams this weekend. I've got my fingers crossed because I think I'm in a really good spot.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Dead Deer Walking
Pass Thru Crew
Death From Above
Antler Assasins

Rob

Nobody was flipping out. I very calmly expressed my concern of what I perceived to be a lack of interest on the part of some of our team members. I was calm then- I'm calm now. No flipping out, just trying to get the ball rolling and get folks "off their duff" with respect to participating on this team.

To me, calling ourselves "Team 18" would be the height of unimagitiveness- and extremely lame. And for the record, I'm very calm as I type this. Heart rate 32 BPM, Blood pressure 130 over 80.

Pass Thru Crew is fine with me...........

Rob
Check that Heart Rate again, 32 and you'll be passing out soon [8D]
Old 08-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Pass Thru Crew sounds good to me. Here are a couple others to consider:

Rack Assassins
Master Assassins
Gut Shot Gimps
Gut Shot Gang
The Reapers
Buck Reapers

Relax GreyDawg. It's still early. Like SwampCollie, bow season doesn't even begin here in WV for nearly 2 months. Once we start getting into the season, posts will start to kick in. The group will be fine.

I hung another stand over the weekend giving me 3. I'm planning on hanging at least one more and 1 blind. I am getting pictures of 4-5 nice bucks and a lot of 2-3 year olds. It should be a good season.

Mark

Old 08-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

Madville-- Good to hear that your seein some good 'ole WV bruisers!! Nothin like those mountian bucks to get ya goin. Good luck gettin a good clean shot.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like pass thru crew. It is catchy, so lets roll with it.

Sorry if I got a bit worked up. There are tons of things that I'd MUCH rather be doing than pulling long hours at work. I have been a bit frustrated with them lately, and it wasn't right of me to let that frustration show here. My appologies to everyone.

In response to the ? about spotting bucks.... a good friend of mine lives right down on the river (James), they only have like 6 acres, but it is absolutely slam full up with deer. Almost hit a fawn yesterday with the golf cart. We've been scoutin out for geese and teal and are heading to build a duck blind today... apparently there are a bunch of big boys hanging out up there. I'm exciting more so because he wants Rebecca (my better half) to come in and arrow a doe... or a bruiser if one comes by. I have some pretty good leads this year, but its not going to be like last season where I can just ride out to the club and hunt for three days straight. Going to be a lot of traveling around and calling in favors and building duck blinds on the side for a few afternoon deer hunts. It all works out well.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:10 AM

I like pass thru crew also. Season starts in two weeks here so have been busy practicing and trying to locate some more bucks. I am all for squireboy being captain.

Quick Reply: Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.