Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40) >

Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Old 09-24-2008, 11:12 PM

Default RE: Official Team 40 Thread

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: Planter

Good luck on your quest for a 150 class buck. Are you gonna try and hold to that standard back home in WI as well?
I gotta say with those standards and a camera to contend with you havea full plate.How did your guests do? Must be a bit tougher if they can't take a doe.
I don't hunt much back home in WI until late season and then its mostly doe hunting. A buck back there has to be at least 3.5, no matter the rack size.

Oh, it will be a challenge, but I'm up to it. Here's my hunting schedule for this fall.......

Now until October 10, Ontario.....a lot of that time will be me behind the camera filming my wife, Jill.
October 14-25ish, Ontario again. Both in front of and behind the camera. This will be a deepwoods hunt that only we have access to.
October 27ish-November 6ish, Pike/Brown cty IL.
November 8-14, back here to Ontario, whether I have a deer or not.
November 16-22 Alberta.
After that, its up in the air. I am trying to get a SK and/or a ND hunt in yet this fall.

As for my guests, I only guide bear hunters. I take a few deer hunters, but mostly friends and family and they're on their own.
Dan, that's a hunting schedule people only dream about. You da man!!Good luck to you this season.

Believe me Jeff, I used to dream about it too. I do realize how lucky I am and how great of a wife I have.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll tell you what Dan. I hunt with anything I can. ML,Xbow,Compound,Rifle,shotgunor even a sharp pointy stick. I'm thinking weshould dump you from the team and sign Jill up in your place. She has the proud smile of a hunter and a young mom!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:00 PM

Anybody alive in here?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Anybody alive in here?
I am but just checking to see if you are up to no good. [8D]
Old 09-30-2008, 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: TJF

Anybody alive in here?
I am but just checking to see if you are up to no good. [8D]
I'm always up to no good!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:00 AM

Well guys it was the opening of bow season here in Indiana today and seen some super nice does had 5 @ 10yds this morning at 7:45 but passed on them , going this afternoon and if they come back by I may just have to put some meat in the freezer

Ron
Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Plenty of time for bone Ron so fill that freezer a bit. Sure wish I was hunting but I still have until 10/13 and it's killing me. I bet it was a nice morning in the woods.

The leaves aren't even thinking about dropping and the woods are thick. I have spotted a couple of rubs and a couple of small starter scrapes.The scrapes were small and made half hearted but it's nice to see them this early.

Hung 2 more stands this week as well. I don't really need them but it will be nice to have a couple more fresh stands. A Pal-O-Mine sold me two Loggy Bayou Cheap Seats and a bucket full of screw in steps for $40.00 so I had to put them up. One of them looks and feels really good. It's only a small piece but it's COMPLETLY surrounded by Nature Conservancy and Audubon Property and as legal as can be!!!

Drop something Ron and I will be happy tohelp you drag it out.Good luck boys and girls. I'm thinking we got to much experience on our team to be called rookies and I hope were not hustling the other teams.I hope everyone is hunting!!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey folks how's it goin? Today was the opener here in IL, unfortunately I had to work. Looks like my first day out will be Sat. Can't wait to get out there. Good luck to you all and be safe.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, finally made it out yesterday and was lucky enough to put a little meat in the freezer. Time to focus on an IL bruiser. Hope all is well. Here is the link: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3079678

Old 10-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for the absence guys, been traveling a lot for work. Finally made it up in a stand yesterday. Saw a few younger bucks, no does surprisingly, but still a great day. I still haven't seen anything to get really excited about, but I know it's getting close. Heading to KS on Nov 1st and looking forward to being there just as things are starting to heat up. Always a great time.

Quick Reply: Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.