Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40) >

Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Community

Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Old 11-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 40 Thread

Ok guys, this is a team effort and the captains have been asked to weigh in on allowing a deer with a pic of only the vanes showing. See Rule Question post. I am in favor of allowing it. I don't know the hunter, but seems legit and we've all been there. I just wanted to poll the group quickly to see if anyone had any objections.

Kel
Old 11-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kelly/KY

Ok guys, this is a team effort and the captains have been asked to weigh in on allowing a deer with a pic of only the vanes showing. See Rule Question post. I am in favor of allowing it. I don't know the hunter, but seems legit and we've all been there. I just wanted to poll the group quickly to see if anyone had any objections.

Kel
No objection for me, Like you sead we have all been there.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats more than enough for me. Sure looks OK and it would make zero sense to exclude.UNLESS he is just in it for the prize money and all the glory..
Old 11-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

What do you mean only the vanes showing? Instead of have the actual bow in the picture all you see are the vanes from the arrows? If that is the case i would certainly have no problem with that. How did you guys make out this weekend, still bow hunting or have you guys switched to guns? Saturday I took a nice basket racked 8 point. Unfortunately he suffered from quite a bit of ground shrinkage but he is still a decent little buck for the area we hunt.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys...If I'm calculating correctly, with Dan and Planter's entries we should be in the 3 or 4 spot. Keep after them and EI, we're expecting big from you in Canada.

Kel
Old 11-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Kelly. I'm going to do my very best. I'll be on my plane to Alberta in exactly 14 hours!!! I am pumped!! As I've said in the past, I'm a firm believer in sitting all day during the rut (which I've done 12 time so far this year in Pa), but my outfitter believes that's over exposure. This man is as serious as they come!He has stand sites that are better morning spots, and sites that are better evening spots. I don't want to guide the guide.Anyway, I'm going to try to getsome serious points for our team. It should be active up there! I only needONE shot opp and I'll handle the rest.Good luck to all of the guys who haven't scored yet.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff just wish you only the best! be safe hunt hard..
Old 11-23-2008, 06:08 PM

Hey Guys! Just got back from Alberta this afternoon. I missed a 145-150" 10 pt whitetail and couldn't get on a 150" 8pt whitetail. I did end up killing a nice 3x3 mulie and then saw a 180"+ mulie right after I killed him! LOL Such is life! Oh, this was a rifle hunt, not bow.

Its going to be a couple weeks until my IL buck is scored. When I got home from IL I had to leave the next day for Canada and dropped the deer off at a processor, something I never do....I always do it myself. Anyways, my wife picked it up and brought the head to the taxidermist to be caped. I'm only doing a Euro mount on it, so it should be back in two more weeks......I'll get it scored as soon as it gets back!

Looks like everyone is having some luck! Hopefully Jeff can schwack something in Alberta! When I left there was no snow in his area and was a little warm.....but the deer were rocking! Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Well, I'm home for a week with the family and to get some work done and then its off to Saskatchewan next Monday!

Good luck and I'll be on a bit this week!!!!

Here's a pic of the mulie....

Old 11-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

awesome buck Dan! congrats
Old 12-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, I killed a buck in Alberta but I have to sayhe's not what I went up there for.I missed a 155" 8pt at 32yrds! Iscrewed up on his range and shot low.[&o] I will say this much. It was warm(26F/40F) but I'll tell you what, I NEVER saw that kind of rutting activitybefore in my entire life!! On Tues I saw 10 different bucks (including the 150") and 4 doe by 1:15Pm which is when I killed my little 9pt. I even got video of him before I shot him. How kool is that?He came out of the "bush"from about 100yrds away, so that's how I had time to get the video, put the cam down and get my bow into position.
Here is a still pic that I got from the video (don't know how to post video) and the after the kill pic. Myconnecting flight fromToronto was canceled because of bad weather and I spent all of last night at the airport with no sleep. I need to get rest now, but I'll go into more detail of my short lived hunt tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.