Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40) >

Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Community

Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Old 11-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 40 Thread

Atta boy Planter! That is a dandy little buck, is he a 6 or an 8? Good call on pulling out and giving it time...better safe then sorry. Since you missed the shoulder I wonder what the loud slapping sound was...did you hit a rib dead center or something?

That's cool that dan has one down too, i hope he finds some time to post the pictures soon. Does gun season open up soon for you guys? Saturday is opening day of rifle in NY.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

4:15 and it is just a corker of a morning. NW @ 6/7 mph and 35 degrees. Not to cold but cold enough. You guys should send me your phone numbers and I will give you a wake up!! Still got the fever and going to see if I can find the little ones Dad or maybe mom.. Thanks and have fun!

They are chasing up a storm.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

go get em planter, keep us updated on how you do. during the week i hunt vicariously through you guys haha
Old 11-13-2008, 11:33 AM

Hey guys! Looks like some bucks are hitting the ground.....congrats!

Like Kelly said, I also tagged one in IL. I got back home on Sunday and left Monday for Ontario, where I am now. HNI boards were down and I wasn't able to post pics on Monday here, but did over at Rut Junkie. He's a mainframe 10 plus a kicker off the back of his left mainbeam and should go around 125". I don't have the pictures on my brother's computer here, but here's a link to some.....

http://rutjunkie.com/forum/index.php?topic=1139.0

I'm heading out for Alberta Saturday morning and won't be back until the following week. I'll get him scored up and entered when I get back.

Good luck to all and be safe!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Just checked out the buck Dan, he's a stud! good luck on your trip to Canada! I see our scores haven't been updated on the leader board, but once they do get added we should be in fairly good shape. Did you score your buck yet Planter?
Old 11-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, it looks like I'll have to get it done during the regular Pa rifle season which starts Dec 1st, with my bow of course. Or perhaps I'll kill a monster in Alberta next week. The way it looks, I'll have a better chance there. God knows I've beenputting in my hours, 205hrs to be exact. I've done 12 all day sits, which is a personal record!I have seen almost zero rut activity this year. Un fricken real!!!! Give them hell Ruttin Rookies!
Old 11-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Early..your bowhunting Alberta next week? If so, that's really cool. Always wanted to hunt up north. Pack plenty of warm stuff, I suspect it will bea bit cool. Hope you'll get on a few and have a fun.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heading out.. 33 degrees with a nice WSW breeze @ 7 to 10. Figure I will fill my second buck tag this AM.. Right about 7:45 give or take a half hour. Will measure my squirt later after I check in this mornings deer..
Old 11-17-2008, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys been away for a while, Big congrats to gmil6184, and to planter! Also Dan, Way to go guys and kelly that buck you took is simply a monster!

Well i was able to score on a small 8pt this week but the one that i should have scored on was about 3 times this ones size, OH-well i can take two bucks here in ga, so my next one will be better, never the less i am always proud of any deer i take.
but here he is i will get the score on him tonight and get him posted, Again way to go guys. terry
Old 11-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome Terry...congrats on the buck. If Rob ever re-appears, it'll be interesting to see where we'll stand. Keep at it boys.

Kelly

Quick Reply: Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.