Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40) >

Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Community

Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Old 08-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 40 Thread

Well, I am finally home, so I thought I'd check in again.

My name is Kelly and have been on the site since 2000, if memory serves, about the time I began bowhunting. I live and mainly hunt in Kentucky, but spend at least one week per year in Kansas. I've been pretty lucky in my hunting career and have some awesome land to hunt in both states. Who knows what the year will hold, but I'm definitely looking forward to the season. I'm off to CO for an elk/bear hunt in early September, which is a first for me since I'll miss the opener of deer season in Kentucky.

I recognize most of you guys, but thought it would be nice to give us a brief introduction. Actually I think Little Indian and I were on the same team last year. I think we have a great team and believe we may have a great run. Nonetheless, i always enjoy sharing the season with everyone on here. So, that's me. Next.

Kelly

Oh yeah, I nominate Early In for captain.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Kelly, I'm flattered. I think Dan is a better candidate though. Having someone on our team who's going to be hunting Kansasfor a weekboost's our chances up big time!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, my name is Greg and i'm just checking in. I'm still fairly new to huntingnet (just a fork horn afterall, haha) and I must admit this is my first time in the bow hunting contest so i'm still a little unsure how it all works. That being said, I do love bowhunting and i love talking to other ppl who do too so i think this should be fun.

As a little introduction I am from upstate NY, grew up on a dairy farm learning how to hunt from my old man and uncles. Still do the majority of my hunting in upstate NY on about five hundred acres my family leases. I'm not going to lie, our place isn't Pike County, Ill. or anything, but we have taken a couple decent bucks off it. A few years ago my older half brother took a nine point that just missed pope and young and last year some guys took a real nice ten point just a few hundred yards from one of my stands. Either way i'll have my fingers crossed. Right now i'm currently going into my third and final year of law school and living in Springfield, Massachusetts, and when i'm not in school i'm working for a small law firm in Hartford, Connecticut. I was thinking about maybe getting a non-resident hunting license for Connecticut because their bow season opens September 15th, but I'm not sure yet. Right now I'm shooting a new Bear Truth that my girlfriend got me this past Christmas, so needless to say i'm iching take its cherry on a decent buck this fall. So that's about it, look forward to talking to you guys some more, and here's to wackin' em and stackin' em this year!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:59 PM

I guess I could tell a little more about myself for those who don't know me.

My name is Dan, of course, and grew up in WI and am 31. For 7 months of the year, April-October, I live in Ontario where I own and operate a bear hunting and fishing resort with my wife Jill and our 1.5 yr old son Wyatt. This year I will be hunting here in Ontario, Illinois (Pike & Brown Counties), WI, Alberta (may be a Bow, ML or Rifle hunt, I'll decide then), and possibly ND and Saskatchewan. All of my hunts will be filmed for next year's release of Rut Junkie's second video. It'll be a busy fall.

Other than that, there isn't much more to know about me.

As for captain, I also nominate Jeff.....I respectfully decline, as I was a captain last year. Plus, with traveling as much as I will be this fall, there will be periods where I won't be online for quite some time.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys my name is Chris. I live in west cental IL and hunt in Scott county which is only seperated from pike county by the Illinois river. I am originally from WV but moved to IL in 2003. My father-in-law owns the 200 acre farm that I hunt. I'm 29 years old and have been bowhunting for about 15 years. This makes my third year in the contest and have been lucky enough to score some decent bucks both years. I look forward to getting to know you guys. This should be a fun season. I toonominate one of youother guys for team captain. I have been the captain of my team for the last two years, just don't have as much time as I used to. Good luck guys and lets put some bone on the ground.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I think you guys are the most overlooked team in this contest. Lots of great hunters here. T3 killed an absolute slammer a couple years ago. Chris, Dan, EI, Kelly - all $$$ in the bank. Good luck fellas!
Thanks Fran. Hopefully my bow season goes a hell of a lot better than last years! I've got a lot more time this year, so look out Little Ponies.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:42 PM

Hay Fellers my name is Ron i'm 47yrs old and live in Southern Indiana along the Ohio river Bottoms were I have 75 acres , I have 4 kids 2 Boys & 2 Girls , I have been bowhunting ever sence I was 14. I am a retired Taxidermist and just shut down my Archery/Muzzleloader Shop 2 yrs ago. So i guess I'm semi retiered I pittle around with Beef cattle & Hogs also Dariy Goats I hope I will contributea nice buckto our teams total points as we have some really super deer here . I like to keep a low profile so the only thing I can say is I think it's about time to open up a CAN of WOOP A-- on these other teams.
Looking forward to getting to know you all !!!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seems we have some real heavy hitters on this team? add that to a few other hunters with some ave size bucks
Yes we have a strong and confident team. CAN YOU SAY ITS ON!!!

"BTW".. We need a team name anybody got any ideas?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:16 AM

Has anyone PMd t3, little indian and planter?
Old 08-22-2008, 12:03 PM

We was waiting for the Captin to ( Dan) or ( Kelly )

Quick Reply: Official Team Ruttin Rookies Thread (40)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.