Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21) >

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

Well, this is it, the last weekend to hunt for me, then its over! maybe some big old buck who hasn't shed yet will walk by me this weekend.

Good luck to all out there.

Rick
Old 01-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck Rick - our last weekend as well, but still have til Thursday at sundown. Hope the weather is better for you than it is here. If the trees aren't bending over this afternoon I'm climbing one!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck guys, and nice mount Jenna! Careful with those antlers, we've found 35 sheds already! Man its a cold snowy winter that is going to kill allot of animals.. so far we have 50 inches of snow and winds are suppose to get up to 50 mph for the next two days and then temps -30 to -40 by mid week and thats not wind chill either. "guess thats why we don't have a gang problem in these parts!"

I just picked this guy up the other day at my taxidermist, I had it done on a Joe Coombs wall pedistal.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jenna, 5575... Those are both good looking mounts!!!

I am done for the year as far as bucks go, we have a late doe and spike season left, I will be taking my daughter next weekend for the youth weekend... She is liable to out score dad this year!!!

Best to all of you still doing it this year!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Well, my bow season ended on sort of a down note. I was in stand for 2 hours Sunday morning when I had a nice sized buck cometo within shoooting distance, who had just shed on of his antlers, blood still running down his face, so he got to walk. Then 30 mins. later a group of does came thru, and instaed of going by single file like they usually do, they came by 6 abreast of each other, and I was stuck there unable to move with all the eyes out there, so no shot.
It was a good season regardless, cant wailt till October 1.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a bummer Rick, I didn't see any deer so don't know if they are dropping here yet or not. Did finally get a shot at a turkey Sat. Had a hen fly down right in front of me at 30 yards. Watched her back into some scrub and sit there watching the field. I was about 30ft above her and finally got an open angle after about 20 minutes of watching her. Let one fly and heard the string hit my jacket sleeve[:@]. I've shot with that jacket on many times and never had that happen, guess I was leaning just a bit too much trying to line up my lane. When I retrieved my arrow it was about 6 inches to the left of where she was standing. When the arrow hit the dirt, she looked around and started walking into the field. I reached for another arrow, nocked it and looked down to see there were now 5 Gobblers in the field! I watched them chase her off and then work the field left to right and back again for over an hour.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

i love that mount! defnitely one of the best ive ever seen!! who is your taxidermist?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well team, as the sun set today, it took the hopes I had of tagging a buck with it. Today is the last day of our season. I hunted this afternoon and while it was VERY cold, it was great to be out one more time. I saw a few does and couple in range. I didn't see any antlers. While I am disappointedI didn't kill a buck this year, I can't complain. I saw more good deer this year than I ever have. We will definitely have some bruisers on our lease for the '09 season. I think the highlights of my season were putting a friend on his biggest buck ever and seeing another friend kill his largest ever.

It has been fun being on a team with all of you this year. I really enjoyed following along with everyone through their seasons. I wish we would have had a better showing, but that is how it goes. I wish all of you the best of luck in the upcoming year and hope to see pics. of all of you with your hands on nice bucks during the '09 season.

Take care everyone!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Taking part in the contest with all of you made this one of my best archery seasons to date. I enjoyed hearing the stories and seeing all the pics from everyone.

The offer still stands for '09! Hope to hunt with you guys (you to Jenna!)sometime
Old 01-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Monday is our last day, and I sadly wont be hunting. So just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a great season on our little team haha

Lookin forward to next season already!! Now its time to get out there Yote huntin'!

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.