Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21) >

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Community

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 08-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

Well guys it is official, we are 176" behind...Hunsucker got a nice buck, pics are in the official score thread!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I saw that. That is one heck of a buck. I guess that just puts a little more pressure on those of us whose seasons start early, cough, Jenna, cough. Actually, it just means guys like me who hunt states like Illinois need to step up and get it done. Let's have a good showing team!
Old 08-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still have a full month before I can get in the woods....I AM JEALOUS, I would love to get a good deer like that in velvet but none of ours will have any velvet by opening weekend!!!! Kudo's to those guys....

Brett, I am looking forward to seeing what comes out of some of the mid-west states as I have never hunted any where but my home state of Texas and don't really hunt in an area that is known for deer with a lot of inches!!!! However, I do believe a moderate 120-130 should be highly possible if all goes well....Again good luck to all and have fun in the woods
Old 08-31-2008, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant believe he already has a 170 inch buck!! not fair lol....hopefully i can get a shot at mine

5 MORE DAYS!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jenna,I hope you get yours too!!!! That would give us a good start...Hey girl,I was just looking on the avatar thread and you have some seriousskills!!!! Kudo's to you
Old 09-01-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jenna did think you may be able to change our avatar a little bit for us??? We would certainly appreciate it.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I hope all of my teammates have had as good of a holiday weekend as we have. I have managed to take my younger brother fishing on Fri., help my buddy set up for a cookout all day Sat. and yesterday we went the actual cookout and had a BLAST! We spent the day shooting our bows, playing washers and best of all getting quite a bit of range time in with an amazing assortment of firearms. He had about 30 people over and all of the guys in the group brought some guns with them. We laid everything out on two large picnic tables and started sending rounds down range. I took my AR15, Glock and Benelli. My sons loaded up their 870's, 10/22's and some older handguns that were given to them by their grandfather. We shot everything from steel plates to skeet. I had to practically pry the grins off of their faces when we finally made it home last night. To finish off our holiday weekend I am frying some fresh crappie fillets and hush puppy's for supper tonight.

So how about the rest of you, how did you spend your weekend?
Old 09-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I took a trip to Bass pro and the archery shop on saturday and got my bow chronographed. I was kinda disapointed when I seen 213 show up on the screen, but I guess its not too bad for 45 pounds and a 25 inch draw length

Sunday I did some final tuning on the bow, shot from the treestand at various distances and did GREAT! Lets just say anything from 30 yards and in is in the freezer haha Then we went to the river that night and caught a few big cats and stripers.

Thats about it though
Old 09-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

WELL....I am in Mexico working and we are really busy right now, I have two drilling rigs rigging up right now. The good part is I will be off the whole month of archery season......I amworking my labor day weekend away!!!

Hey guys glad to hear you folks had a good weekend, Brett it is always fun getting all the guns out and having a day of shooting.....Jenna, just imagine what some of the longbows are shooting...You will be fine, just put the arrow where it needs to go.....
Old 09-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I took a trip to Bass pro and the archery shop on saturday and got my bow chronographed. I was kinda disapointed when I seen 213 show up on the screen, but I guess its not too bad for 45 pounds and a 25 inch draw length
Heck Jenna, Curtis hit the nail on the head with the trad. bows comment. I'd be tickled if my recurve shot that fast. You'll be fine, just hold it together when one of those monsters you have been watching walks into range .

Curtis-What kind of drilling do you do? My buddy who hosted the cookout this weekend runs a couple of drilling rigs. He primarily works for coal companies, but he does some geothermal and well work too.

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.