Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21) >

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Community

Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 21 Thread

Well, I took a break from scouting tonight and took my youngest son out to the lease to do a little fishing. We had a blast! We managed to catch a nice mess of crappies and he caught a 3.5 lb. bass on an ultralight with 4 lb. line. I had a ball watching his face when that drag started squealing as that bass made it's first run away from the boat. We saw a lot of deer going in and out of the property. Fresh fillets for supper tomorrow!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Fork Horn

It's always a blast taking the kids fishing isn't it!
I'll be out with my little guy who's 9 this week trying to get him a good first buck with his bow!
Old 08-28-2008, 02:03 AM
Typical Buck

That would be a toad fora first deer! Absolutely beautiful animal!

What set up is he shooting? I would love nothing more than to see his hands around those big velvet bases and a smile that would takea jack hammer to remove (Oh he would also be smiling as well!)

Best of luck - will be sending good thoughts out your way!

Mike
Old 08-28-2008, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow awesome deer. Hopefully he gets a chance at him....that would be one hard first deer to beat
Old 08-28-2008, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

You always have some of the best pics. on this site!

I really hope he connects on that buck. It would be one heck of a first deer. Good luck to both of you this weekend. I am looking forward to the pics. of him and that deer on the ground.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet avitar! Glad to see everyone checked it too. Had the day off yesterday and did some scouting close to home, no bucks but several big does. I'm off to checkon another spot on Saturday.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

5575 - my apologies to the little one, I forgot about the dandy doe from last year - this would be his first buck (did not mean to take that one away from him).

Lets see - he is 9 shot a doe last year (at 8) - my oldest is 7 - he has been hunting with me every year sincehe was 3 but usually in the blind... next year may be fun!

Mike
Old 08-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

5575, That is a nice buck, I hope your bot gets a solid crack at him...Good luck with it!!!! I love hearing all the stories about you guys getting your kids involved....I started my oldest daughter on a bow when she was 4 and she got her first buck with a rifle last year at 7 ....She was happy too!!!! Kudo's to all you guys that involve your kids...
Old 08-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

Love the avatar, nice job Jenna.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:35 PM

The new avatar is great.

Deer season doesn't start for me until the 1st of October so I'm heading out after an elk tomorrow. Great way to spend the holiday weekend. Good luck to everyone that's already out there.

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Blood Thread (21)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.