Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42) >

Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Community

Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Old 09-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

awesome Jerry we need to hook up in the offseason and put a few down and in return can swing to Nc for some deer hunting - one of only thing miss about Fla, the hog, turkey hunting and bass fishing I never did get any of the ones I took mounted but kinda wished I had - some whoppers 200-300 lbers
Old 09-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bows are driving tacks - going to use the Jak-hammers this year and shooting really well today

Whats everyone else got going on.. counting down time now
Old 09-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got home from dove hunting. Actually killed a few, so I guess I don't have to trade the gun in.Today is my wife and I's anniversary, so we spent the day together. She actually told me to go dove hunting, she can tell when I want to go.[8D]
Old 09-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys thought I would share a few photo's I took today.

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr130/okeechobeefishing/100_0063.jpg

This is 1 of the 4 pigs that walked out came to within 6 yds. I thought I had a couple other shots this is the only one that came out.

Got 2 shots of this little girl. Just saw 2 does today this one stayed for a great photo.

Looking right at me she as very curious little thing. Hope you all enjoy.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:22 AM

My season had a slow start but finally last night saw a good number of bucks. I got poured on by aboutan inch of rain. All in all saw 8 bucks with the biggest being a nice 4x4around 130. I wouldn't of shot him but it was just nice to see a bigger buck. Five bucks were still in velvet.
Right before dark I had a coyote walk by at 10 yards. I was thinking about shooting him but decidednot. Itis still a little to early to start thinning the number of coyotes.

Goodluck everyone...

Tyler
Old 09-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out and checked trail camera this morning. 1 doe in 3 weeks in the woods. So I moved it over by my deer stand. Did manage to get a squirrel this morning.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Tyler sounds like you got it going on. Good luck this season. You must have a lot of deer around, here in south florida I will be surprised to have to have a shot at a decent buck. I have been to south dakota pheasant hunting and will be there this Oct. for opening weekend again. always see a few deer while pheasant hunting.

Jim nice squirrel I grew up in Indiana we don,t have any fox squirrels that I know of down here they are all greys.Good luck to you guys.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:56 AM

Hunting starts on Saturday. Not any scrapes going yet. Should see some rubs starting this weekend. Still too much to get ready! Wash and dry the scent free stuff. Get the video camera charged up. Put on the sharp heads. Sigh,,,,, OH WELL ! Better than mow'n the grass.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and give an update. I've been on two interviews in the last two days, i think both went very well so i am just patiently waiting for the good phone calls. I've been tryin to keep myself occupied working on the house and getting my gear scent free for the upcoming seasons. If all goes well and i find out I'll have a steady paycheck again I will be hunting this weekend in MD. If no news about the job I'll hold off on getting an MD license and won't be out till Oct. 4th for the PA opener.

Tyler,

Man it must be nice to pass on a 130'' buck [:-] I would give my right arm to get a quality shot at one here in PA. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Jerry good luck with the job hope all goes well. Yeah Tyler sounds like he has it going on. good luck on shooting a big one. Down here a 130 would be a giant. good luck everyone

Jerry

Quick Reply: Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.