Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42) >

Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Old 09-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Well bows are sighted in, clothes washed and stored in a bin, land is couted 4 stands are out and ready to go, sept 13 can't get here fast enough

Area was too thick for a ground attack on the bucks I located, there is one lone oak that will allow me to get 10-12ft, going to try it the afternoon of the 13th and see what happens

What's everyone else been up too
Old 09-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not much on this end. Spent today hanging out with my family and shooting a little with my nephew. Stands are hung, just some fine tuning with the broadheads and i am ready.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:01 AM
Fork Horn

Not a whole lot here, I shot broadheads today and that was about it. It was the first time I've shot them this year and I was grouping great out to 40yds (farthest I shot). I doubt I will shoot broadheads farther than this, I will just practice a little further (50yds) to make all the other shots look real close.

Anyone else shoot farther distances and move into like 20yds and feel like you are right on top of the target?

I did find out that my wife bought me the easton bow scale for our anniversary, so all in all it was a good day. The scale pretty much put me independant on my bow tuning- I have a press, bow vise, homemade paper tuner, bow and arrow levels, bitz jig and now the scale.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:23 AM

Guys,

On Saturday night I went scouting and Mr Monster came out 10 yards south of my prime time stand into the bean field! The largest buck I have ever seen in my life! Man I can't wait for the 13th. perfect 10! High, Wide, Big Brow Tines! Came out early too. About 1 hr left of light. This could not be more perfect. Well I know where I'm going to hunt.

Good for all the guys starting this weekend!

PA - Will say a prayer for you and your family, keep positive!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Hello guys, Ready for saturday opener here have 9 stands or ground blinds set up waiting to see what this strom hanna does down here. Have seen 2 nice bucks and a couple of others hope I can wait for the bigger one. This is my first year down here deer hunting. I have noticed that it is hard to pattern these deer with all the hogs we have down here. Let's all be carefull this season and have a great year hunting.
Jerry
Old 09-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I limbed my last spot out last weekend and checked all my cameras. Had 310 pics on one cam in 2 weeks but no giants on it. My other spot still has that nice 11 pointer coming out way before dark that I posted on the forums way back.

I will be sitting in the apple tree stand opening night if the wind permits.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen 2 nice bucks in the past week where I hunt. One was a tall 8pt, the other was a main frame 10 with a couple of kickers. It was refreshing to see some deer that didn't have spots.

I'm dove hunting this month, October1 is the opener for me.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

Just thought i would get on to share the good news. I got a phone call from the president of Roche brothers construction (the biggest competetion for my old employer) who heard I was on the job market. He said he wanted to meet with me about potentially creating a position just for me. I'm meeting him Monday next week so things are looking up

-Jerry
Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great news Jerry. Hope things work out for ya!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pa Trophy Man

Hey guys,

Just thought i would get on to share the good news. I got a phone call from the president of Roche brothers construction (the biggest competetion for my old employer) who heard I was on the job market. He said he wanted to meet with me about potentially creating a position just for me. I'm meeting him Monday next week so things are looking up

-Jerry
Good deal! Tell him you can start after bow season is over. [8D]J/K, hope you get the job.

Quick Reply: Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.