Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42) >

Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Community

Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Old 12-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Had a run in with a few does last Saturday. Couldn't get a shot, but they hung around for 10 minutes or more. Really a great hunt, can't beat hunting on the ground.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fellas-the gun season is soon to be over & I "SAW" one of the VERY BIG BUCKs last night-he's been evading all those red coats-IF I can get a crack at him "we be up to da top of da list". He only has to come by in the light which I am sure he's only moving at night now.
he IS a dandy.....
Merry Christmas
Old 12-19-2008, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck keeping at it guys, my season came to an end Sunday. I hunted with my boys over the weekend and was able to take a couple of does, one on Saturday with Hunter in the stand with me and one on Sunday with Garhet in the stand with me.

Both were great hunts with short blood trails, actually not much blood at all, but short none the less.
The first pick is of the deer I shot with hunter on the stand with me, a big ole girl that dressed out at 125#'s. Shot was quartering towards at 23yds, destroyed one lung, liver and exited about the last rib.We seen her tip over after about a 45yd death run.

Garhet on left, Hunter on right

This one is of the deer shot Sunday with Garhet in stand. Shot was quartering towards at about 15 yds, same results--destroyed one lung and liver exiting last rib. She made a 30yd death run and tipped over.
Garhet left, Hunter on right

I shot 4 deer with the Slick Trick mags this year and had a combined track of about 220yds. I seen 3 go over in sight and had one run about 100yds. I had terrible blood on all of them, but 3 of them had exit holes plugged. I am amazed at the size of the exit holes, but had some bad luck with things plugging them. I am not bashing the head, I shot 5 deer last year with them and had great trails on 4 of them and the other one was decent. I just threw out the blood trails as an observation, I guess you can't complain when they are tipping over so quick eh?

Well good luck to everyone still hunting and happy holidays to all!

Chris
Old 12-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fellas-

Finally tallied my score up and got it added to the score card. Sorry it took me so long. Let's hope they let the entry stand despite me being a bonehead and not getting the whole bow in the photo.

Frank & Dave

-Are you guys waiting on offical scores for those beasts? Have you got the poses for the mounts picked out yet?

Chris

Those are great photos man. It reminds me of tagging along with my dad not so long ago. Your kids will remember those times forever and it won't be long until they are mowing down the deer like dad.

All you guys still hunting keep at it.

Happy holidays all.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

No Buck yet but filled another Antlerless tag 11-22-08. 2nd one so plenty of venison for us. 10 yd shot-double lung went 50 yds...Rocky Mountain 3 blade Ironhead & Darton Compound.
Istill have a chance for a buck ifi don't freeze to death 1st.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Merry Christmas all.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Chris! Nice shots!

I took a nice doe myself on Friday the 26th. Passed some little bucks up but nothing big came by.

Here's a pic:

Old 12-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pa Trophy Man

Frank & Dave

-Are you guys waiting on offical scores for those beasts? Have you got the poses for the mounts picked out yet?

Honestly, I kind of forgot about it.[&:]I'll try to get it done this week. Had a sick kid and a sick wife off and on for the past month and a half. I'm ready for a little me time.[8D]I went with a wall pedestal mount with an oak arrowhead plaque behind it. Should have it back by 2011 if he keeps up his normal pace.[>:]

Old 12-30-2008, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Noah, and nice doe you shot too! Pretty soon you'll have your son in the stand with you! Well, it might not seem like pretty soon, but trust me it FLIES by.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will try and stop by taxi for official score and get something posted, been crazy since last been on lots of layoffs so far I have survived and my wifes mom has been very ill

congrats on the late season does and to everyone still pounding the woods ouyr season officially ended yesterday even though I have not been in the woods since the 13th

good job this year fellows, I am eyeballing a new alphamax for next year but still undecided

Quick Reply: Official Team Antler Obsession Thread (42)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.