Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28) >

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Old 10-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

hey guys i still havent got a score on my buck. ill post it as soon as i get it.
good luck everyone and shoot straight.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i hunted 2 days now, saturday i couldnt go out for the risk of getting sick, cant afford to miss hockey, anyhow, I went out this morning and diddnt see a dang thing and then went out this evening and saw 2 does at about 80 yards, we setup on the wrong trail for them though. Stuff happens though, right? So anyone score for the team yet? Dont worry all in due time we'll all have our chance at a big booner!

I'd settle for a pope and young buck every year personally haha!!!

Ryan.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:16 AM

alright, and we are still not on the board! what's the deal with the score on that buck?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:40 PM

Well nothing so far....seen quite a Few but none within range
Old 10-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, just checking in. It's been a hectic work week but I'll be back in the woods tomorow morning. I just put in my requests for a bunch of vacation days at the end of October and early November. That's when things really start getting good in my neck of the woods. Stay safe out there!
Old 10-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, no luck this morning. I could have taken a yearling but decided to let her walk. Her momma was about 45 yards away but never came closer. It seems like the deer have been traveling on a new trail so I am going to move my stand about 15 yards closer the next time I head out. That should put me within 30 yards of their new travel route. I did see a 2yr old fork horn this morning. Something kept getting his attention and I was hoping there was a bigger buck in the vacinity but never saw another buck.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Rainbow I I have gotten out twice so far. I am not taking it seriously until the last week in October. Just messing with stands right now, and teaching her how to hunt, look for signs, etc.

We are going out again Saturday. Hunting public land in NE Illinois.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys still havent heard from the taxi. im leaving on friday to go out to western south dakota for a week for whitetail or mule deer, hopefully i can connect on something. we are pretty much done with our house now so i should be on the site a little more often. good luck to you guys and ill let you know how i did when i get back.
joel
Old 10-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Here is a photo of my girlfriend who is on team #4. This was her first elk hunt and she is totally hooked now. She is extremely fit and kept up with me up and down every canyon and deadfall, approx. 8 miles per day. We both came very close to shooting bulls, and she had a bear within 30 yards, but no tag. I want this one to be my wife for sure. Fingers crossed. Been dating for over a year now.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Here are the sheds I found. I saw one from over 100 yards away and knew right away what it was. The match was laying 5' away. No chew marks. These will make a nice decoration in our newly finished basement.

Ideally I'd like to take a whitetail this size for the contest. If not, I may shoot a doe and hold the rack on her her head. Does it say anything about that in the rules?

Quick Reply: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.