Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28) >

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Community

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Old 08-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 28 Thread

Guys,

Since we all seem to agree on"Lungbusters" as our team name, I went and changed it on the original thread and made us known as that. I think it's a cool name and I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers by doing it.

Really the only thing left to do is pick aCaptain, it's up to the teamto make the decision.

Let me know your thoughts.

Brian
Old 08-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

Brian,

You seem to be on the ball right off the bat. You have my vote. If I interpret the rules right, it says that our first antlered deer is our scoring buck. It may behoove you to let a dink go if you think there are some bigger ones around for another day. Im planning on taking my target buck, soa doemay be going down if they give me a shot on her. Im starting in early October, and I really think my chances with him will be beginning to mid November, so I may be getting my sausage from a slick first.

Think wisely about your shot. I hope everyone has a great, successful, safe season. Dont forget to strap yourself in!

I hope everyone here keeps in touch and swaps out some info to keep the rest of the team up to date.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just so we can get it done with rather than waiting around, Brian you can have the captain, you prolly understand everything better than I do anyhow.

Ryan.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

Guys,

Sorry for not responding sooner, but I was at Kyle our son's baseball game. He's 12 turning 13 this Falland starting a new Fall baseball program, that isfor our kids moving up to the next division. They are moving from a Little League field to now playing on a regulation size baseball field that you see the Pro's play on. It's quite a jump ,but he's making the transition very well.

I really appreciate and want to thank you guys for the vote of confidence in the Team Captian position, I assure you I will do my best for the team and try and help everyone as much a possible. I look forward to getting to know each member and sharing ideas and tactics.

Hoyt Viper, you are correcton the rules in the contest. You have to submit the first antlered deer you harvest.On the property I hunt, we have an understanding that we really focus on only shooting 2 1/2 year old or old bucks. I know we have a few really solid good looking bucks running around and they are my focus. I like you will be downing a doe early for my bologna and meat sticks. (my kids love them)

Again thanks guys.

Brian
Old 08-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel fully confident in you Brian, What do you guys all think we should Do about the people who havent checked in yet?

Ryan.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

I believe someone will be checking with us from HNI. I know there is a list of alternates that they have. Capt Lungbusters, can you check on a deadline for checking in?

I know I have over a month until my season even opens. Some people may be still be in hibernation...or in a straight jacket!

I cant wait!
Old 08-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I was shooting my bow today just to keep in tune (i shoot every day) but anyhow, Check out what happened. About 35 bucks down the drain

Ryan.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Ryan,

Nice shooting, the only problem is it gets a little expensive after awhile. [8D]

I just saw a post from Rob/PA about alternates. He will be contacting all team Captains and asking about alternates and how many if any do we need. I'll wait to hear from Rob.

I am going to send an email to the two that have not responded yet to our team. Hopefully I can get an answer back, I'll keep everybody informed.

Does anybody have the ability to create an Avaitor for our team?

Thanks,

Brian
Old 08-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BPBowhunter

Ryan,

Nice shooting, the only problem is it gets a little expensive after awhile. [8D]

I just saw a post from Rob/PA about alternates. He will be contacting all team Captains and asking about alternates and how many if any do we need. I'll wait to hear from Rob.

I am going to send an email to the two that have not responded yet to our team. Hopefully I can get an answer back, I'll keep everybody informed.

Does anybody have the ability to create an Avaitor for our team?

Thanks,

Brian
Essentially If you have Paint and some patience you can do it, If you guys pick an Image I'd be more than happy to doctor it up for the team.

Ryan.

P.s. Keep Posting guys, Thats the only way this is a lot of fun

Ryan.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a Quickie I did.

Ryan.

Quick Reply: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.