Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28) >

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Community

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Old 10-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Zim,

Awesome pictures thanks for sharing. Good luck to both you and your girlfriend.

Sorry you didn't connect on the Elk hunt, but it sounds like you had an awesome time. Those sheds are outstanding, they will make a great conversation piece.

I will be getting out on Saturday for both a morning and afternoon hunt, hopefully I'll be able to connect.

Take care,

Brian
Old 10-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome Zim! Wow, I must say I am jealous. I sure wish my wife was a hunter. She is not anti-hunting but she refuses to participate in any way except for eating my deer jerky. LOL
Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Ya it's been a year and I still pinch myself every day making sure I'm not dreaming. Neverdared post on my dating website for a woman interested in hunting. I am teaching her everything and she is beyond just interested, she is downright passionate about it. Now she will go hunting without me if I don't want to go. She is 45 and built better than 95% of the 16 year olds here in the burbs. Very disciplined with excercise and healthy eating. Never imagined I'd meet someone I would not even hesitate proposing marriage, but I have. No brainer of the century.

Only bad part is she is a multi-millionaire with her own import business and we can't get marriednow due to business ties back in Shanghai. She'd lose her spot on a board of directors and I don't want that. I also don't want anything to do with her money or business, but the way the laws work I'd be tied in, even with a pre-nup. We checked all this out. So this part sucks, but we are just biding our time and things will work out eventually. We're very solid, even our religion is the same (Baptist).

Oh ya, she eats a lot of deer and elk jerky too!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you two are already married ... you just don't have the piece of paper to back it up. I can totally understand the underlying circumstances. All that matters is that you both are happy.

My wife is pretty much the opposite of everything you described. I guess that sums up my jealousy. LOL
Old 10-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

She had me move in with her a year ago. The photo was taken at our home in St. Charles.

I can't believe someone who enjoys the same stuff as I looks so good at 45. One time she came to my health club.When she stepped out of the women's locker room wearing her bikini,I did not even need to see her to know she was there. I was in the club jacuzzi looking the other way, but the 6 other guys in the pool all turned their heads simultaniously like bobble head dolls. It was funny to see that. Not been in that position before! She is pretty much smokin hot. She says I am not handsome nor wealthy, but I treat her the best. (I tell her "like a queen"!)
Old 10-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys had a solid day on stand, both morning and evening hunts. In the AM I watched a small basket rack 8 point walk by the stand at 23 yards, he got a free pass. I really hope he makes it through to next year because he will be very respactable by then, but this is PA and I have my doubts. [:@]

The afternoon hunt had the same 8 pointer 15 yards from the stand. He offered me all kinds of shots, but again he is getting a free pass in hopes he makes it to next year. Also had a small doe at 42 yards in a bean field, the angle was wrong so I had no shot. Also saw 4 jakes and 1 long beard, they finally made their way past the stand. I hope they hang around and give me a chance at them when they are in season later this Fall.

Althouhg no shots were fired it was a great day to be in the woods, and it's only going to get better as the season roles along.

Take care and good luck.

Brian

Old 10-18-2008, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Zim

She had me move in with her a year ago. The photo was taken at our home in St. Charles.

I can't believe someone who enjoys the same stuff as I looks so good at 45. One time she came to my health club.When she stepped out of the women's locker room wearing her bikini,I did not even need to see her to know she was there. I was in the club jacuzzi looking the other way, but the 6 other guys in the pool all turned their heads simultaniously like bobble head dolls. It was funny to see that. Not been in that position before! She is pretty much smokin hot. She says I am not handsome nor wealthy, but I treat her the best. (I tell her "like a queen"!)
Ok, man law says you can't tell us about her in a bikini and not post pics!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this morning but had no luck. Didn't see a single deer today but did see a couple squirrels, chipmunks and a coyote. I thought for sure I'd see some deer movement since the temp was a chilly 34 degrees. I stayed on stand until about 10am but had to leave then because I was taking my family to a local farm to pick out some pumpkins for Halloween and to get some fresh produce. I'm getting anxious as we get closer to the end of October. With these cool temps the pre-rut should be right around the corner!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Rainbow and I went out Satuday. No activity by me, except for one hunter I had to whistle at to go away. Rainbow had a pretty decent hunt. She got to see 4 does come in but via the back door so no shots.

I am heading down to southern Illinois for 5 days Mon-Fri on a combo business/hunting trip. Should take out a doe there. They have an earn-a-buck policy there. Supposed to be slammer bucks. Newly opened property. Local report claims nobody has been inthe parking areas so far!

I have a new toy! After 15 years using only fixed position stands, I picked up my first ever climbing stand, a Lone Wolf Alpha hand climber, at Cabela's yesterday. Very excited to try this thing out at the new property. I'll want to move around a lot as I learn this place.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Zim! Good luck in Illinois. Someday I'll get there for a hunt!

Quick Reply: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.