Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28) >

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Community

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Old 10-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Counting down the hours till our official season starts on Saturday. I couldn't be more ready! Looks like the weather will be nice and cool in the upper 40's or low 50's in the morning. Can't remember such a cool opening morning in recent years.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

MN Hunter 82,

Get your hero shot with bow in pic and get that thing measured to put us on the board. I was just checking scores from other teams and yours may put us in the top 10 or 15. I cant get out until tomorrow, so feel lucky you scored early. We already had one of our previous teamates violate the rules, so get those pics submitted!

Captain?
Old 10-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm curious to see what Joel's buck scores. I'm never good at guessing. Doesn't look like he's been online for a few days so hopefully he checks in soon.

I'll be out tomorrow morning. Calling for an overnight low of 42 so I'm expecting to see some movement.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck guys, I have to work in the AM, but I will be in my stand for an afternoon hunt.

I would like to score on a buck, but I will be looking to put a nice doe in the freezer early if possible.

MN Hunter 82,

Please post your score as soon as possible, would really like to get a score on the board. We really need to get that scored soon.

Hoyt Viper,

I hope you get a crack at that monster you've been after, good luck. You sure have put the pre season work in, and I'm sure it's going to pay off.

Jeramy K,

Get one of those monster Western PA bucks on the ground man. Good luck to my fellow Pennsylvanian.

Take care all and again good luck and stay safe.

Brian
Old 10-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a good time on stand this morning but it rained almost the whole time. Didn't see a single deer or any movement. But I still enjoyed my time on the stand.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys, I worked this morning, but was able to get out for an evening hunt.

Saw no deer [:@], but had a great encounter with a black bear at about 10 yards face to face. [:-]

This was my first everencounter with a bear, in 31 years of hunting. I really don't know who was more excited me or the bear.

Good luck,

Brian
Old 10-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Guys. Hope you dont mind me popping in.

Bears are scary at any age.

Anyhow, today was the season opener in PA and I diddnt go, it was raining here all morning and it was cold, I cant risk getting sick with hockey season being now, However, I will be out in full force, seeing as how I cant find a job anywhere.

So how did the VA boys do?

Good luck guys keep in touch.

Ryan.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Ryan, thanks for checking in. As far as I'm concerned you're welcome here anytime!

I've not been fortunate enough to ever encounter a bear in the wild. Although I must say that it is one of my goals as a hunter to someday take a bear with my bow. Honestly all I ever see on TV are people hunting over bait. Here in PA I'm not sure how to even approach it.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Brian,

Did you see my post a couple weeks ago about the bear I met in the woods? Mine was at 25 ft drizzling and about 2 in the afternoon. I slipped in the mud crossing a ravine with 20 pounds of deer corn in my pack and as I stood up he was walking right at me. I have seen him once since then, and have seen his marks. Our bear season for archery is next weekend and Im going to be on the look out!

Good luck!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

Brian,

Did you see my post a couple weeks ago about the bear I met in the woods? Mine was at 25 ft drizzling and about 2 in the afternoon. I slipped in the mud crossing a ravine with 20 pounds of deer corn in my pack and as I stood up he was walking right at me. I have seen him once since then, and have seen his marks. Our bear season for archery is next weekend and Im going to be on the look out!

Good luck!
Jeff,

That post was a classic.

You know, I don't know if I was just plain so shocked or I'm just that dumb, but I really wasn't scared.

Now the bear was as shocked to see me as I was him and he turned tail and ran. If he would have taken a few steps towards me, I think then I would have needed a new pair of drawers, and I would have been the one running for my life.[8D]

I must admit my adrenalin was pumpin after thatencounter, this is my 31'st year of hunting and that was my first ever encounter with a bear and one I will surely never forget.

Take care,

Brian

Quick Reply: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.