Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28) >

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Community

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Old 08-21-2008, 10:54 AM

Default RE: Official Team 28 Thread

hey guys, just checkin in. I hunt Florida and Georgia, mostly Georgia. We do pretty well for being down here in the south. Looking forward to winning this contest with you guys. I'll be In the tree september 13th!!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: gamespooker

hey guys, just checkin in. I hunt Florida and Georgia, mostly Georgia. We do pretty well for being down here in the south. Looking forward to winning this contest with you guys. I'll be In the tree september 13th!!!!
Im kinda glad that I cant get in the tree that early! Its freakin miserable outside here, and doesnt seem to be letting up with the heat either. What do you hunt in, shorts? JK I may be hunting Jasper County, GA with my in-laws. Im looking forward to some GA mountain whitetails.

Best of luck, and a safe one too!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

HEllO team! My name is Zach Schilling and i am hunting in southern indiana. I have 2 private family farms as well as loads of other places to go. One farm has had three large bucks sited on it so far this year...but they manage to evade my cameras. Also it is only a few miles away from where the Tim Freedman deer was shot last year...if anyone knows what im talikng about, it was all time top 20 for indiana and scored over 200. The other farm is also looking good! we have seen up to 25 deer a night out in the field with 3 120 class bucks. There was a 197 skull found on the next prpoerty 2 years ago. Good luck to all!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BPBowhunter

Jeff,

Welcome aboard and good luck on your target buck. Ya, I think the team looks good as well. I have three stands hug (hang on), and I will be using my climber also. Hunt some very good private property in Central PA, we have a smallish food plot outabout 1 acre of soy beans and corn and from the looks of things it's takin a beating from the deer. Have a couple of game cam's out as well and we have seen several bucks, and I also have see what I will call my target buck so far.

This picture is from back in July, so I'm anxious to see what he will look like later this Fall.

Good luck.

Brian
Wow Must be nice!! My food plot has died off and is overgrown so next year Im taking it back under my control. Anyhow, BPB You want to get together and do some hunting? I'm talking about getting together with another guy from another site, we met up and had some breakfast one day I was down his way, Maybe if you wanted to meet up we could.

Ryan.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohh yeah, I forgot to mention, Tonight I'm taking up a bag of apples to this place I would love to hunt. Going to put my trail cam out for a day or two aswell.

Ryan.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome everyone. Thanks for checking in. Looks like another good group of guys this year.

I'm a public land hunter most of the time. Living in the suburbs doesn't offer me much opportunity to get access to private land. But I still see my share of bucks.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any of you guys got one with a Target painted on the side of it, if so lets see a pic. Something like BPB has maybe?

Ryan.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice to meet you Jeremy, I live in the country, but I do go to Pittsburgh a lot to play hockey, There are a ton of deer there, All the ground I hunt on is Public, I dont have enough connections to hunt on private land. Welcome to the team, Wheres everyone else? Anyone got any pics of them, their deer, their bows their family? anything? Post Em up, dont be shy about it.

Ryan.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

ORIGINAL: BPBowhunter

Hunt some very good private property in Central PA, we have a smallish food plot outabout 1 acre of soy beans and corn and from the looks of things it's takin a beating from the deer. Have a couple of game cam's out as well and we have seen several bucks, and I also have see what I will call my target buck so far.
Im glad somebody is doing well with their food plot. I worked my butt off to get my see in the ground in early spring. I have about 3/4 of WI Imperial Clover with Alpha Rack mix and 1/2 acre of just Alpha Rack. Havent had a drop of rain in over a month! I had to take two 55 gallon drums of water from my house and a sump pump and generator with garden hose to water them down last week. 110 gallons was a tease for them! It is still a dry forecast for the next week here so it looks like that will be my only method of any kind of irrigation! The neighboring AG fields with corn and beans are brown and dying fast! I have supplemented with about 200#'s of deer corn spread out in hot spots.

You are only a state away, how are you able to have anything growing? Send us some of that RAIN!
Hoyt,

Our soy beans were very slow developing this year, and I was very worried about them. We were very luck and had several really good thunder storms hit at just the right time and it really shot them up. With that said though, we again could use some rain and I really don't see much in the very near future. Our corn plot remains very strong, it went to tasil and the ears developed nicely. I wish you luck and some much needed rain.

Take care!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last years buck.

Ryan.

Edit: I did get a Haircut since then.

Quick Reply: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.