Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28) >

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Community

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Old 09-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

I've been looking into buying a ground blind. I honestly prefer tree stands but now that my oldest son is almost 5 I think the blind would be much better suited for taking him out with me. Also, my youngest brother has shown interest in getting into hunting. It would be ideal for him to start off in a blind as well. Maybe I can pickup one on the off season.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I will also likely be using a ground blind some this year. Got a slammer unhunted public property with huge open areas where some big ones roam. I figure more mature bucks will relocate there after the woods get pounded during early archery. There are some sweet funnels in this tall grass side of the property.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like we've got a good team shaping up here.

What kind of music do you guys listen to?

Ryan.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

Sounds like we've got a good team shaping up here.

What kind of music do you guys listen to?

Ryan.
I just turned 40 this year, so my idea of good music ranges from the classics like Pink Floyd, and Zepplin to Rage against the machine, The Cult, Limp Biskit, etc. I live in a very rural area and none of the stations play any of this stuff so I have mytruck set to country. Some country I like, but some of it I will turn off and pop in some Rage against the Machine. In the early mornings before daylight when Im heading into the woods, I will put a good tune on the ipod and it gets me pumped!

BTW, the blind was originally purchased for Turkey hunting, but since I have it I wanted to set it up near a plot to sneak into early evening to observe whats eating what. I probably wont hunt the stand that much, but during muzzleloader I may give it a shot. Straight ahead of the blind, about 100 yrds is a dirt road that splits a bunch of oaks, both red and white. I have seen them there often when returning to my truck but have always spooked them. From this blind i can easily take a 100-150 yrd shot at one.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

For music, I'm much like Hoyt Viper it seems. I just turned 34 and I listen to a wide range. Pretty much all rock from the 70's to present. I love bands like Rage Against the Machine, Staind, Mudvayne, Slipknot, etc. But I also listen to other things such as Neil Diamond, Barry Manilow, Mariah Carey, etc. I'm also a big country music fan. I listen to a lot of Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, etc. The lists just go on and on.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

Guys,

Looks like we have the same taste in music. I'm a big classic rock guy (will turn 43 this Fall), but my kids have also got me into the newer stuff as well. What's funny is my two boys love guitar hero and they now are really into the classic rock that I like. I hate to admit it though they kick my ass at guitar hero. [8D]

On a different note, what kind of blinds do you use? I was thinking of trying one, not really sure though. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Brian

Old 09-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

I bought mine from Dicks sporting goods after deer season last year, for spring gobbler season. It was such a good deal I had to get it. I practicaly stole it for $35. its a 2 person, 4 window with shoot through mesh windows, and pops up in seconds. I dont think I will buy another until next spring, and it will be a bigger one...maybe a double bull
Old 09-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I am going elk hunting until September 23, so I will not be visiting here until then. Please do not boot me for non-participation. I do not have room in my duffel bag for my laptop. I will be contributinga minimum 140" buck to this team. You can already put that on the board. Can't avoid that where I will be hunting.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Zim

I am going elk hunting until September 23, so I will not be visiting here until then. Please do not boot me for non-participation. I do not have room in my duffel bag for my laptop. I will be contributinga minimum 140" buck to this team. You can already put that on the board. Can't avoid that where I will be hunting.
Dang, I wish I could commit to a buck that size. LOL

Good luck on your Elk hunt! One of these days I"m going to get drawn for a PA elk tag. At least I hope so!
Old 09-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang, I wish I could commit to a buck that size. LOL

Good luck on your Elk hunt! One of these days I"m going to get drawn for a PA elk tag. At least I hope so!
you get yours after I get mine!!! I've been applying for the last 2 years this being the 2nd, Hopefully I get some good results.

I am a little different in my music choices than you guys, I like the kind of stuff that will make your ears bleed at the levels i listen to it at. haha!! Coarse then again im only 18.

Ryan.

Quick Reply: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.