Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28) >

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Old 08-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

I went out to put the last of the corn, sept1 is deadline. I was making a trail for my climber and looking for a tree near ehere I have been seeing my target buck. I found his staging area bout 20 yrds back from a bean field. I foundat least 3 of these rubs, but batteriesded after first picture. There are 2 scrapes in the vicinity as well.

Anyone know how to upload video?

Here is one of the three trees that were torn up. How big do you think he had to of been to do this damage?

Old 08-31-2008, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geez Jeff, you sure you don't have elk in your neck of the woods.....
Old 08-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

Jeff,

I'm not real sure of the size, but I'll tell you won't have to look twice to make sure he's a shooter. Good luck putting him down this Fall.

When does your season open?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BPBowhunter

Jeff,

I'm not real sure of the size, but I'll tell you won't have to look twice to make sure he's a shooter. Good luck putting him down this Fall.

When does your season open?
October 4. I cut trails around his usual trail and came up on the high side of his staging area. Its full of acorns already on the ground. Im putting my climber in tomorrrow and keeping it hooked up for an early mornng climb.

Ive seen this one, a decent 5x5 and he is mine!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Does this team have all participants shown up? If not I'd like to get my girlfriend over here so we can be on the same team. They stuck her on team 4. This sucks.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:08 AM
Fork Horn

Zim,

Everyone has checked in from our team. The teams are drawn randomly, so it comes down to the luck of the draw what team your on, sorry. Good luck to both you and your girlfriendthis season.

Brian
Old 09-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

After I posted th first picture of the huge rub I took my climber into the area ans set it up. The acorns are all over, sca and trails cover the ground, and look what else I ran into. Its a completely different tree, about 15 yrds from the other one, so Im sure its the same deer.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been dove hunting last 2 days first day we hammered them, and today I saw 1 along the road....... Im tired and grouchy atm. Heading to take a nap might go slap the girlfriend around and throw back a few cold ones.

Ryan
Old 09-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

Great you got out shooting birds. I just got in after a full day in the woods making sure all straps are tight, lanes cleared, trails marked, cameras moved, etc.

Man, I knew there was a good reason to put my best stand where I did, because after really scouting the area this weekend I saw many rubs. These just happen to be in the line of my stand. As you can see in some of them, thy go back years ago. Its either the samebuck ( at least a 4 yr old)or another monster moving in to take the territorial. They literallly circle around a 75 yrd radius. I have 5 others with similar rubs, but larger. They are shown in the post above.

Here is my stand (1 of 6)...smack dab in the trails! He comes this way every evening going to my plot, but I have a secret for him so that he wont make it that far! I believe his is almost as good as the one by fence and creek, but I can always move my climber.

Here are a few of his territorial rubs

And here is some of the past year rubs the buck has made. I believe its the same one, and last year he was a nice solid 4x4. Maybe this year he is a good score for our board! These rubs are proof that a buck is marking his territory. The sapplings are only yards apart

Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

you have a few Drinks in you when you were taking some of those pictures?? haha.

Nah looks like its a good thing your on our team really cause those could be some really great bucks.

Killed 5 more doves today. GREAT eating.

Ryan.

Quick Reply: Official Team Lungbusters Thread (28)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.