Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25) >

Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Old 12-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Shaft 'Em (25) Thread

Ill post the stories up later, but heres some pics from the first 2 days of gun season:

My buddies first deer:

My first doe of the season:

Memories for a lifetime:

My brother's (Hick442) first buck:

His best friends biggest buck:

Old 12-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

so much for hunting today, got up this morning and it was 15 with a wind chill of 4
right now it's 19 with winds between 20 and 30 gusting to 35 to 40 dropping the wind chill to 2
i can dress for the temps in the teens but when the wind starts howling enough to drop temps to single digits that's where i draw the line.

don
Old 12-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well boys, shotgun season has went well for us here in Chatham, Ohio.

OnMonday morning, me, my 15 year old brother and my best friend were all in stands on my property. I had a doe bedded down about 100 yards off into the woods, andmy best friend passed on a good doe with two yearlings. My brother (Hick442)shot his 5 point pictured abovethat morning at 8:20. While the deer was making his death run, he ran into a tree and knocked his right antler off. The buck ended up gross scoring in the 74 range, which is pretty good for a 2.5 year old 5 point. On monday night, we all went hunting across the road and i ended up having a small 8 point walk under my stand at last light. He is the 14th buck that i have passed on this year i believe. Down the road, my brothers best friend shot the big 8 point thats pictured above. His first shot glanced off the bucks forehead and knocked him out, and the 2nd shot went right through the lungs.

On tuesday morning, me and my best friend sat my woods again, He ended up seeing a yearling, and i went deerless. Then on tuesday night, me and him went back accross the road once again. At about 4:40, i had a momma doe and three fawns start working down the trail to my right perfectly. I waited till she got within 15 yards and dropped her on the spot. Her fawns stood around for a few moments and then bounced off. A few minutes later, i heard some shots. My best friend had shot his 6 point less than 300 yards from where i shot my doe. It was his first deer ever. Around that time i got a call that our other friend from the fire department shot his first deer of the year. My 13 year old brother was hunting the edge of a cornfield a few hundred yards away that night and saw a big 8 or 10 point run out at last light without being able to get off a shot, then when my brothers friend who shot the 8 point on monday was walking into the woods and saw you know who....FREAK DADDY!!!!! Standing in a feild not 20 yards away. He said without a doubt that it was the biggest deer he had ever seen (the ironic part is that he is the guy who got the pictures of him in August and first knew of him being in the area).

I slept at my girlfriends on Tuesday night, so i couldnt hunt Wendsday morning. On wendsday night, i went out to my ladder stand (Where my friend had shot his 6 point), and didnt see a deer. My 13 year old brother shto a doe in the same feild he was hunting the night before (it was his first deer ever). I didnt go out agian until tonight, and i didnt see anything. I will be going out the next 2 days though...and then it will be back to bowhunting.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anybody out thier....?

We need some antlers on the board....i just got back form butcheringtwo 130 class whitetails and im itching to get back on the stand Tuesday morning.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Yea I'm here still. I have been checking the forums every few days to see if we get anything else on the board. I took a guy muz. hunting this weekend. I got him on a few descent bucks but he wasn't interested unless they were over 150". There is a lot of movement right now, but mostly young bucks and does. I'm seeing maybe a hundred a day and they are all grouped up pretty well right now. Hope you all good luck the rest of the season. It doesn't look like we are going to be challenging any of the leaders but hopefully you guys can achieve your goals. Good luck and be safe out there. It seems easier to fall out of a stand when it's colder so wear the harnesses.

MJ
Old 12-08-2008, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

can't get back out until the 22nd, our gun seasons are open.
first gun season runs the 6th to the 10th, second runs from the 13th through the 21st.
they shut down the archery season for them.
arcery opens back up the same time as the late muzzy season the 22nd through Jan. 10th

don
Old 12-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dman4505

can't get back out until the 22nd, our gun seasons are open.
first gun season runs the 6th to the 10th, second runs from the 13th through the 21st.
they shut down the archery season for them.
arcery opens back up the same time as the late muzzy season the 22nd through Jan. 10th

don
I'm in the same boat as you. I get to go and pick up this little guy on Friday!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

boy are you in for it, i can see it in the eyes, already thinking of all kinds of trouble to cause you.
better put anything that can be chewed as high as possible, they tend to eat anything and everything.
boy or girl?

don
Old 12-09-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

He's a male. I still haven't settled on a name for him yet.

I've been spending plenty of time puppy proofing my house lately. And I have also been investing in plenty of chew toys!

Brett
Old 12-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

So for gun season, I went out 7 times and saw 6 deer, 2 does, 3 fawns and 1 buck. I ended up with 1 shot and 1 kill. Alltogether it was a success and im excited to get back to bowhunting tonight.

My bowhunting stats:

92deer on42 hunts,28 does,32 fawns,14 bucks and19 unknown.

Quick Reply: Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.