Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25) >

Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Community

Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Old 11-12-2008, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Shaft 'Em (25) Thread

Heres the pics of my little brothers first archery whitetail:

Old 11-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Nice doe for the Bro! Congrats to him!

I'm leaving tomorrow for a week in Illinois bowhunting. I'll post results when I return and I promise to do my best to score for the team!
Old 11-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: formula1

Nice doe for the Bro! Congrats to him!

I'm leaving tomorrow for a week in Illinois bowhunting. I'll post results when I return and I promise to do my best to score for the team!
Good luck Bro! Don't worry about the team, just take care of business and we can just reap the rewards
Old 11-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your bro on the first kill.You never forgetany of the story of your first bow kill!
I think that I have come to the conclusion, that I will be taking Friday off from work, and going to hit the stand most of the day. I think things are shaping up for me on this hospital project that I am working on, so I can probably break away!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, sry i havent been arund much lately, I have a friend here hunting with me from Georgia, this morning is the first time i've slept in in a week, we are seeing some good bucks and i really dont quite know how to explain what happened to me, imagine if you will, a buck standing broadside @30 yards, i released the arrow and heard a caraack! buck ran off 40 yards turned and looked at me and blew twice then just walked away, this was before the sun was up. anyway, iwaited till about 9 then went to search for blood and such, i found my arrows nock laying just between the bucks front and rear hoof marks where the shoot happened, the buck wheeled a 180 when he ran off, i found the back 6" of my arrow laying 8 steps toward my position, about 24', from where the buck was standing, i could not find any more partds to the arrow, i think i must have hit him in the shoulder. i still cant imagine what would break the arrow just in front of the vanes.perhaps when he wheeled around his antlers snapped it off. i just dont know.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Idk what to say zmax, its been a weird season for me here in Ohio as well....

I just met a guy who hunts alot of the land i hunt, apparently he's on another local FD and he knows alot of my family. Pretty ncie guy actually, he doesnt hunt much, so he wont interfere with any of my big buck slaying
Old 11-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kill_it_n_grill_it

Congrats to your bro on the first kill.You never forgetany of the story of your first bow kill!
I think that I have come to the conclusion, that I will be taking Friday off from work, and going to hit the stand most of the day. I think things are shaping up for me on this hospital project that I am working on, so I can probably break away!
Sounds good Brett!

Our team is in pretty good position, mj's 167 is a AWESOME starting point. If a few of us could put some decent deer down in the next 2 weeks, well be right at the top of the list. The Dark Horses ([:@]) are looking really strong this year, but they have no slammers down. Just alot of 110 class deer, so if a few of us can get into P&Y territory, we can take this contest!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

ORIGINAL: kill_it_n_grill_it

Sounds good Brett!

Our team is in pretty good position, mj's 167 is a AWESOME starting point. If a few of us could put some decent deer down in the next 2 weeks, well be right at the top of the list. The Dark Horses ([:@]) are looking really strong this year, but they have no slammers down. Just alot of 110 class deer, so if a few of us can get into P&Y territory, we can take this contest!
Good point. It looks like a couple nice bucks will put us up to the front runner!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

Well, there's some nice ones on the farm I'm hunting in IL this week.I know of a 190" monster buck that harassed us last year but didn't give us a shot, plus4 other 140+ bucks we saw that wouldn't allow us to close the deal. Now if we canjust get one of them in range...
Old 11-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well fellas, all I have to say is put the women and children to bed and lets go lookin for dinner!

Quick Reply: Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.