Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25) >

Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Community

Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Old 10-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Shaft 'Em (25) Thread

I'd say that's a pretty safe limb to be on. I was thinking the halloween buck is going to go over 150 easy, and freakdaddy is gonna be a lot closer to 170 than to 150. Thats just my guess. either way, your hunting property is awesome this year.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive heard a few people say 170" for Freak Daddy, but i guess ill have to just lay him down to find out. Truthfully, its going to be so hard not to take one of these droptine hogs, but i know i would probably settle for one of the 130 class 8 points ive gotten pics of (one in August, a different now).

I really think both of those deer are 3.5 year olds. As my buddy has the shed from Freak Daddy last year. Also, i have pics of what i believe are the Halloween buck last year around Nov. 2. He was def. a 2 year old last year. I saw him twice last year, once on the road chasing does, and another time in a feild at a distance. He put on at least 20 inches if not 30 from last year.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

had a prettyinteresting hunt yesterday. went up north, the area where my step daughters boyfriend lives.walked a deer trail in for about a half hourto an area with four pine trees growing in a great natural ground blind pattern. put up someesterous doe scent wicks to try and intice a buck, sat for about thirty minutes and didn't see or hear a thing. i brought my esterous doe deer in a can call just for the heck of it, hit it about six times. heard some noise in the leaves, so i sit nice a quite, lo and behold had eight turkeys come within ten yards of me, looked to be all hens.wish i had my camera with me, would made for a great picture. ended up staying there forfour and a half hours without seeing anything else. i think the temps jumping back into the seventies here got'em all sitting tight.

don

Old 11-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds good Don!

Me and my brother are gunna move my ladder stand todaysowe can close in on the halloween buck. But im gunna be hunting the double tonight hopefully getting another shot at Freak Daddy. Well see what November brings
Old 11-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

I'm rootin' for ya Caleb. Just imagine he's another practice shot. Be confident and let her fly. Looking forward to your post at 8:15 saying, "Freak Daddy Down". Good luck to all hunting the great month of November. I'm starting to think about going back out for a second buck.
I just got the call and my deer meat is already finished. It only took 6 days, so I'm going to have some tastey backstraps to try.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea, ill be target shooting today for sure. Also, im not trying to start anything with this, but i drew back in my stand yesterday morning a few times to stay warm and i noticed my sight looked weird. After closer inspection, i noticed it was loose, and swiveling back and forth. Now i probably hit it on a tree when i was looking for that doe but there's no way to be sure. Either way, ill be ready for November after tonight.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Well there ya go...It could have been the sight the whole time. By the way, I was going to ask you. How many acres do you hunt? Because you have at least 3 mature deer that I have seen. I was just curious as to how many acres you actually hunt. I have access to proably around 5-6000 acres and have only seen about 5 truly mature bucks. Thats about 1 per 1000 acres.

How is everybody else doing? I know zmax had his eyes on some good ones but I haven't heard from him lately.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

The red boxes are where i have hunted so far this year. The blue boxes are land that i could hunt if i had stands or that i will hunt during gun season.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well boys, i got some bad news. I didn't go out last night or this morning, cuz my g/f came home from the hospital and i stayed over at her house. My brother went out to the double and saw 2 does and a little buck. Mysteriously the 3rd doe from the group was missing [:@]. Hopefully i will make it out tonight, but the hunting forecast doesn't look good for the next few weeks.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, i managed to sneak away for a few hours today. Had a doe and 2 fawns work their way through the woods towards me. I watched one of the fawns attempt to freshen a scrape, it was pretty neat. The doe never offered me or my buddy who i was hunting with a shot though. Im going to try and get out tommorow but it will be hard with the amount of light i have to work with. Better late then never though.

61deer on27 hunts,21 does,21 fawns,8 bucks and11 unknown.

Quick Reply: Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.